Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sunday's Silver

Mark in S.E. IA

I found everything in the pic at one small park, all the other places I checked out I didn't find anything good.

The I.W.L.A lapel pin is Izaal Walton League of America and is from the 30's or 40's. I can find brass ones on the Net but not silver ones.

wowww...nice little park apparently...one that has not been over hunted
the SPQ looks decent...how deep was she?...did she sing for you?lol
whats the date BTW?
congrats//Dave

One of the nicest dug SLQ's I've seen!!! A good date too! The pin is over the top cool also. Congrats.

sunraysux said:
wowww...nice little park apparently...one that has not been over hunted
the SPQ looks decent...how deep was she?...did she sing for you?lol
whats the date BTW?
congrats//Dave

All the stuff I found there was between 4" to 5" deep. The SLQ and the ring come in at 12-47. The 2 dimes was a coin spill and they also come in at 12-47
I thing the other ppl that metal detected this place in the past had their upper numbers notched out. I didn't see any other reason why they was missed, like iron in the hole.

awesome Mark....tougher one to get for sure...and in really pretty condition
looks like FINE to me from afar....
be sure to really examine the 8 in 1918!!
possibly a restrike over the 1917 date which would make her a truly rare bird!!

Wow that's a fine Standing quarter! I'm sure you checked it for the super-duper 1918/7 variety...if so that's a monster! Great digs! :beers:

Great hunt Mark!
Keep it up

Bet your heart skipped a few beats there a couple of times.

Thanks for the heards up on the 1918/7s but mines not the good one, but it's still a nice find.

Thanks for the comments.

OMG Mark......the SLQ with that date is absolutely gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!