Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Sunray X-8 solid coil cover ??

I have seen in various industries the name "caplug" used in manufacturing or shipping. They come in all sorts of sizes and "should" be cheap? Look em' up, maybe they can help?

That's a darn good question Rick73 !
I remember seeing a post on findmall about a year ago on various sized, aftermarket - solid coil covers.
The SunRay Stealth X-8 is a killer coil - it sure would be nice to have a solid cover for hunting in field and brush stubble !

Here's a some follow up info. -

Click on this link in the Minelab CTX 3030 forum - it shows an 11" Tesoro coil cover being used on a 11" Pro Coil.
http://www.findmall.com/read.php?86,2152936

Tesoro also makes a solid 8" cover - not sure if it will fit on the X-8 or not ?

Rick73 said:
Does anyone know of a solid coil cover to fit the Sunray X-8 coil. Thanks

What Mascard1 says is true.

I've thought about getting another stock X-8 coil cover myself
getting a sheet of thin black plastic
trimmed accordingly and take some M.E.K. stick some of the black plastic scrap in with it.
After it melts it becomes a plastic sealer. then seal the trimmed plastic to the stock modified
coil cover...Now you have a solid coil cover....

I did get a 11 inch cover for the pro coil from Windy City this week and it fits perfectly. I will call them this week to see if they have an 8 inch. The coil plugs that Sunray carries are for a 10.5 inch coil. I hunt an old picnic grove that is about 3 acres. When the snow melts in the spring it leaves last years weeds and foxtail grass difficult with open coils.