Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2 finds terrific relics--T2, still one of the best detectors out there -- :teknetics:

Mark652

Recently I got permission to hunt an estate of about 100 acres with a main house built in the early 1800s. I've been going to this site every weekend for the past month despite the continuing heat and humidity and some of the finds have been terrific, including three large pennies dating from between 1819-1827 that I found two weekends ago. This past weekend I uncovered over 40 Civil War bullets, some fired, some dropped, a few early wheat pennies, two early Jefferson nickels, a small pewter spoon end, a Union general service button and two Confederate buttons, one an "I" button and the other a Mississippi button. Due to the lack of rain the ground has been hard and the signals have not been the consistent signals I get when there is some moisture in the ground, but the T2 has managed to give me solid enough signals and consistent accuracy on the depth of the targets which has been key for me deciding whether to dig or not. My T2 is a standard T2 with the upgrade, and the settings I mostly use in this area is Disc 90, Sens 30, and 2+ tones. And I operate in discrimination mode. This is a picture of all my finds for the day together. The Teknetics T2 is, in my opinion, one of the very best detector on the market, and the best detector I have used, period. :usaflag:

Nice bunch of finds, dont find places to hunt like that very often. One question, standard T-2 with upgrades. What are the upgrades and disc at 90, is that part of the upgrade? How much were upgrades? Thanks Tom

Coins I found were Wheat pennies, 1918, 1927, 1943 and 1948, one Indian Head dated 1863 and two Jefferson nickles dated 1938 and 1941.

Tom, thanks for asking the questions, I sent my email out late and I was a bit sloppy, this give me a chance to make a couple of corrections.

Upgrades might have been the wrong choice of words. I sent the T2 back to Teknetics about 6 months ago and for the cost of shipping they checked over the water proofing of the coil, made sure the units software was the latest version and calibrated the coil to the control unit. The Disc 90 is turned around. I set my Sensitivity at 90 and my discrimination at 30. I got them reversed, sorry about that. Mark

Great finds-looking for a new machine and the T2 is not a bad price.I dont need super depth but you know depth is nice-whats a nice sounding deep signal run at 10"?
Im looking more for coins/jewerly or is this more of a relic unit?

If it dries up on you, try hunting with disc on 0 and one tone and dig everything 21 and above. Then, after that hunting, dig iron samples and see what TID number the common iron at the site is and dig everything above or below that number... and I bet the site will keep on giving and you will get some nice surprises.

My favorite sites are those "hunted out" sites. They always give up something really cool if you keep looking.

Julien

chuck said:
won't the targets from 21-40 all be iron

Depends on how deep the targets and how high the mineralization is in the ground. In places of high mineralization it pays to dig deeper targets that are well into the iron range.

Real nice find's. :thumbup:

Great finds! Wasn't the machine kinda noisy with sens on 90? I haven't tried a sens that high on mine yet, but will do that soon, just to see how it acts.

No, the detector is not noisy at all at those sens levels. I regularly run the T2 at 90 when the ground is relatively clean and there are no energy sources nearby, such as power lines. At that sensitivity I get great depth and target identification so I try to detect near 90 whenever I can. Of course it is not possible in many situations but in the area I am currently detecting it works.

I have found over the years that the T2 works great for relics and coins both. It is all about the location, I have had good luck finding both. A signal at 10 inches is clear but can be faint. It helps to have good headphones.