Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2 version 6.5 software..What it really does.

TerraDigger

Hello Everyone,

My first post and I want to thank EVERYONE who takes their time to share their knowledge to help others get the most out of their machines. So I want to try and help out too.

There seems to be confusion as to what this software update does. So I called First Texas today. I will not reveal who I spoke with as I respect their privacy. Here goes:

1. As we all know, the T2 with 6.5 update starts in the all metal mode instead of the discriminate mode.
2. The 6.5 update altered the sensitivity for smoothness and a bit more depth (Elton, you were right about your new T2 being hotter....lol)
3. The last improvement was an increase in the accuracy of the visual identification of targets.

That's all of what the 6.5 version does for the T2. Now we can all rest easy........

Thanks for that, but I think it's #2 that really mattered to most of us. I never got very good depth with my V 6.0 T2. I immediately started getting better depth with my Omega. I pretty much dig all signals, so it wasn't like I was cherrypicking. Anyway, great detectors, good job Teknetics. (But still looking forward to a high end coin machine...)

I suspected a change in hardware (Processing) .... I know between the two T2's I have, the latest released T2 6.5 is really a different detector as far as depth and stability. Your correct. The readings are pretty much dead on..or at least once you adjust the swing shoulder, to shoulder sweeps and I started to hear the different targets, and see the flashing ID screen it's very accurate.

Then why is my new T2 special edition which is the 6.0 way more stable then my new 6.5 regular T2 :confused:
Something fishy is going on...
John

Elton.......

Your description of the performance differences in your 6.0 & 6.5 version T2's is what prompted me to contact First Texas. That along with the posting that First Texas wouldn't enact a version change on the T2 simply so that the detector would start in the all metal mode and but no other changes. It turns out you were correct. Very astute observations on your part in regards to your detectors performance.

Well, I guess I will be shipping mine back to Texas again now.

Thanks for the info.

Julien

T2SE and original T2 are different machines. T2SE does not use T2 6.5 software it uses T2SE 6.0 software. Apples and oranges...

J

What does this mean? An add for a new T2 reads: High performance, AM mode(first derivative) and disc. mode (second derivative). Is this indicate what software you have?

The idea behind the first derivative test is to examine the monotonicity properties of a function just to the left and right of a given point in its domain. If the function "switches" from increasing to decreasing at the point, then close to that point, it will achieve a highest value at that point. Similarly, if the function "switches" from decreasing to increasing at the point, then close to that point, it will achieve a least value at that point. If the function fails to "switch", and remains increasing or remains decreasing, then no highest or least value is achieved.

The general idea of examining monotonicity does not depend on calculus. However, calculus is introduced because there are sufficient conditions that guarantee the monotonicity properties above, and these conditions apply to the vast majority of functions one would encounter.

n/t

Agree with you 100% Elton.----Know who you are dealing with--probably the VERY best protection (purchase wise) you can have!----Especially with these reported &#@* "knock offs" on the net & elsewhere.------Del

pretty basic with fancy wording.......

all metal mode is a single channel

Disc mode is ran through 2 channel's to come up with the disc circuit..

I think the wording came popular at fisher with the 1266X basically in simplest terms 2 filter machine.....all metal would be considered1 filter....

I noticed they are starting to use alot of fancy phrases hear lately even TM (TradeMark) some of them!!!

nothing new tech wise though...

Keith

I just got off the phone with the FT service department and they said there is no difference between the 6.0 and 6.5 other then the start up in the all metal vs start up in discrimination mode. He said the 6.5 or 6.0 is just where the LCD screen was manufactured and that there is no advantage with the 6.5. If anyone would like to confirm this, the gentleman's name is Hector Martinez and there # is 1-800-413-4131. I hope this helps.

It was not Hector whom I spoke with. I still will not say who I spoke too. I don't want to cause a minor employee s***storm down at First Texas.....lol
I was told by a First Texas employee exactly what I wrote in my original post as to what the 6.5 version does.
The LCD manufacture location theory doesn't quite sound right as I know of no other detector manufacturer that has enacted a version # change in their LCD screens (software) unless actual changes were enacted. As far as I know, and someone can correct me if I am wrong, LCD screens do not ship from the LCD manufacturer of the screen with programming in them. They are blank. Also, in my 30 years of detecting and talking to metal detector companies, I have never heard of metal detector versions being numbered by the LCD manufacturer. Call White's and ask them that question..lol
Then there is Elton's real world experience with the 6.0 vs 6.5 version of the software. He posted his experience long before I called First Texas. Other users also don't seem to have as many complaints about the 6.5 version T2's as they did the 6.0 version. Get on the web and read posts by 6.5 owners.
Here is food for thought.......my opinion only........the Omega 8000 is a really nice machine that by many user accounts outperforms the 6.0 version of the T2 in coinshooting. I think First Texas did do the 6.5 version updates as I posted...to keep the T2 from becoming obsolete and losing subsequent sales to the Omega 8000. They manufactured a huge amount of T2's after the African gold rush and they need to sell these puppies. No one is gonna buy a T2 6.0 with all the complaints about that version when they can get a Omega.for alot less money.
Now the million dollar question is this..........why are we getting conflicting stories???? That I have no answer for. But you can rest assured, what I posted here, is what I was told..100% accurate translation of the conversation.

We know there was changes made. I know because I have two..and the latest one is much different than the first one.. Proof is in the pudding my friend.
The 6.5 works better.. plain and simple !!

Is there anyway you can contact the same person from FT that you talked to before and see if they cant update the 6.0 to the 6.5 and if so, how much? If there is a better version I would like to have it. I sent my detector in for updates like toggle switch, battery compartment ect.. and asked about the versions at that time and was told the same thing by Hector (No Difference). I saw this post and immediately called Hector back about the versions and he assured me that there were no differences, If that is not true it would be nice if FT could come clean and post something on the forum letting everyone know the differences and what they can do short of buying a new or used T2 with the 6.5 version. Maybe if enough people call and ask it will raise some awareness at FT and they may just do something. PS - TerraDigger I did not mean to discount what you said just wanted to let you and others know what I was told when I called. HH, Keith