Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

T2 version

While your turning on the detector hold the select button and push the trigger forward and see what version you have.

Before you turn on the power hold the trigger forward and press the menu button down and then as you hold these in place power up.The screen should have in large number 6.0 or 6.5 etc.

I heard the very latest out T2's are the 6.0 version (and not the 6.5 version anymore).---Is this true?------And if so, are these latest out 6.0 versions comeing on in the disc mode instead of the AM mode? (like the 6.5 versions do)------The earlier 6.0 versions came on in the disc mode.-------------Del

Meant to say, the 6.5 versions come on in the AM mode--didn't sound like I worded that right! :tongue: --------Del

The FT repair shop is not supossed to even have a copy of 6.0 available to them. The T2 has two boards. A main board and a power board. If they replace the main board it should come back 6.5 (if you have it repaired). If they replace the power board it wont change the software version. I think maybe the LTD/SE may have a 6.0 ver software but that is different from the original.

J

It comes on in disc mode very quietly...I like that my regular t2 come on in A M mode and makes a bunch of noise that really is not needed..All T2 SE detectors were manufactured with the 6.0 software version..
John

Thanks John---that answers my question.----That one had me "scratchin my head" for awhile trying to figure that one out.----The older (standard) T2's were the 6.0 versions & they came on in disc.---Then the newer standard T2's were 6.5 versions & they came on in am (probably due to the African thing)?----Now the new black T2 SE's are 6.0 versions (realize they are some different what with the bp & cl modes) but they come on in disc.----Think I got that right?-------OK-- now, how about the T2 LTD (camo)--do they come on in disc also?--------All this isn't that big of a thing but it's just something I've been curious about.----Humour me everybody! :biggrin: ---------Del

F75 LTD comes on in disc if that helps...

J

when turned on showed 6.6.. very stable machine....It ran better than the 6.0 or the 6.5 in my opinion .. Now my T-2 SE black is the most stable of all...I run 99 sens BP with little or no problem's

Keith

I alwas run my T-2 at sens-99 no matter where i am and it runs more stable than a friends OMEGA that i hunt with. I hear people say the OMEGA is more stable than the T-2 or maybe its just the 6.6 version i have that runs very stable. Tom

but did not get the boost but got the quite programming...

I have heard it mentioned a couple of times here and there but my 6.6 sure was different from a 6.5 or a 6.0...and My T-2 SE sound's like the 6.6 is stock mode but in BP mode it get's even smoother and depth is off the chart...

If you have a 6.6 feel lucky I don't think there's a lot of them out there...

Keith

Thanks Keith, i sure do like my T-2. Was there a certain time these where made and shipped to different locations. Back of my manual says 4-1-09. Tom