Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tags

hubbler

The temperature has been into the 40s for several days, so thought I'd ask south facing lot today. Ground was mostly still hard, but got a couple of good signals that I chipped out. Both appear to be copper tags. The smaller one says "Inspected and Approved 1897". The other is just the numbers 09066.

Anyone seen anything like them?

And the only money I found--I eyeballed a $5 bill in a pile of leaves.

Thanks and HH.

Ron

Makes you wonder whether : A-was it inspected and approved in 1897? B-Was it the 1897th thing inspected? Or C- Was it inspected by employee #1897?

I always like finding the old tags, especially the ones with a company name on them. I have my "unknowns"displayed in numeric order just to see how many I can get.

thats funny, $5.....just think even if we go out and find some coins, even a silver dime or two, it isnt even worth $5 so you did well! (just speaking strictly of the monetary value of what we find, which isnt the real reason we do this anyway)

the tags are cool....i imagine the 1897 tag, if not from that year, is super old. its a cool tag. never see anything like that nowadays.

moonshine said:
thats funny, $5.....just think even if we go out and find some coins, even a silver dime or two, it isnt even worth $5 so you did well! (just speaking strictly of the monetary value of what we find, which isnt the real reason we do this anyway)

the tags are cool....i imagine the 1897 tag, if not from that year, is super old. its a cool tag. never see anything like that nowadays.

Moonshine, had the same thought regarding the $5 vs a silver dime. For what it's worth, I found these tags in an empty lot next to the 1884 house I hunted in December. And the last digit (7) is punched over a 5. Can't tell if there were other numbers before that, but can definitely see a 5.