Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Target Trace Interpretation Questions

jtram

On my CTX I have target trace turned on and understand the colors and the cursor. I guess these would be no brainier types of targets. I have searched for posts on target trace but I haven't found the answer to my following questions.

I understand that a horizontal red or orange line may be non ferrous targets in close proximity to each other but a few times I have seen these lines vertically or diagonally on the screen. When this has happened I interpreted it as splatter and probably an iron target. At other times I have seen what I would call real splatter all over the screen blues yellows oranges I think this is truly iron targets. With limited time I have been digging the no brainers and passing on the other targets that show as a line.

How should I be interpreting these yellow orange and red lines

I know this isn't going to answer your question but in all honesty I'm trying to give you the best advice I know how to. Don't spend too much time de-coding those less than perfect traces. LISTEN to the machine. Although its capable of painting decent interpretations of targets and thier properties, the CTX (like most detectors) is designed to convey the information sonically. Hope this helps. Sorry I didn't have the answer you were hoping to hear. Maybe someone else does?

I think you have a good grasp on the colors but the only way to know for sure what the CTX is telling you is to dig. Like Brandon, I trust the audio first over the display ............ on any detector.

While the target trace feature is awesome, I remind myself with the time I spend looking at the screen most likely I could have already dug the target an know for sure. I have been trying to spend no more than 10-15 seconds analyzing a target. Any more than that is wasting digging time.

Excellent point Bart. Like you, if the audio sounds good and the numbers are favorable, I'm digging unless the ground is hard, then I'm more selective. Even then, I don't spend much time analyzing the target.

Thanks guys for the reply