Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TDI Pro gets deep ones (18k honker)

The classic cjc "PI at low tide," my TDI pro in straight pulse mode dug these rings at depths that swallowed my entire TRex scoop and some of my leg. Our beaches have been sanded in for nearly a year and my competition, all using VLFs, have given up. That's right, I don't even see them hunting anymore. Even I gave up for a while, just wasn't finding anything. I moved to land hunting and found a ton of silver, but earlier this week got the gold itch again and I got it bad. I decided to try the beach that has always come through for me before, it did not disappoint! The one with the 3 small diamonds is 14k, a light woman's ring (3.5g) and the fat band is a honking 18k weighing in at 13 grams, my heaviest ring to date in my nearly 2 years of detecting and will probably be my best find of the year. Really happy with these finds. The 18k is on top of two tungsten rings which I dug before the 18k. Lots of people get discouraged by tungsten. I personally don't mind it because it acts just like gold - where there is deep tungsten, there is deep gold. Funny side note, in one of the tungsten rings is inscribed "tungsten love."

The phone is a Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and retails for almost 500 dollars. I could tell it was a recent drop and tried to save it. Alas, it is fried.

That's a Beauty!! Wow... And it is 18k...13 grams..... Sweet!

OldBeechnut said:
That's a Beauty!! Wow... And it is 18k...13 grams..... Sweet!

Thanks! Now I just need a simple and easy 90 more for the year to catch up to you, shouldn't take too long :rofl:

Hey Grilled, if you can't find the phone's owner, sell it to one of those kiosk machines. Nice gold.

Congratulations! Nice finds

Awesome find Grilled Scallops! I don't think you and I combined x10 could catch up to the Olde Beach Pirate!

Pretty lizard! He just stayed there while you set up your picture?

-pete

Great band, Scallops! That TDI is a gold wrecking bar. Wish someone would slap a w/p case on it.
rgrds,
clive

cjc said:
Great band, Scallops! That TDI is a gold wrecking bar. Wish someone would slap a w/p case on it.
rgrds,
clive

Thanks Clive, though I'm sure 13 grams of 18k is all in a day's work for you:rofl: Oh wait, that was 22 grams :drool::surrender:

PSS1963 said:
Pretty lizard! He just stayed there while you set up your picture?

-pete

He's a good boy. He was basking anyways, no reason to move if he's already in the sun. I put him out there every day, he knows the routine :)