Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Test comparatif Minelab Manticore vs XP Deus 2

Rockford

Just watched this YouTube video, posted 9 24. French language, but they film head units close up and you can see the settings.

In the video the Manticore crushes the Deus, not sure how legit this is. Does not seem to makes sense, if the Manticore is similar to a CTX in depth it should not outperform the deus to this extent.

This is a heads up test on several coin targets supposedly. Both units in General, reactivety 2.5 on deus and 5 I think on manticore.

Anyway it was an interesting watch. Maybe somebody knows these people or French and can elaborate.

Not posting the link, but if you go to youtube and search this title it will come right up. Poster is Le Fouilleur

If you click on "Closed Caption", and then change the language to "English" (or whatever language you prefer), you will be able to watch youtube videos with translation!
The video that I believe you are refering to, shows settings used on both machines, and it looks like the Manticore is achiving better depth, than the XP Deus 2.
The Manticore actually performed better in every test.
Hard to believe, but I do trust the maker of the video.
Unbeliavable product that Minelab is about to release!

It seems to crush the Deus 2 in depth no doubt..
Mark

Close caption trick worked. Not a perfect translation but helped a lot. He seems to be commenting the eqx is far better too in these tests. Soil looks strange, brown with no vegetation. Videos should keep coming so we'll see.

I’ll have to check this out!
I’ve been so impressed with my D2 In depth, speed, separation and identification I really hesitated ordering the Manticore. But I did. 33 on the list with the company I ordered from. Looking forward to making my own comparison

Just watched this YouTube video, posted 9 24. French language, but they film head units close up and you can see the settings.

In the video the Manticore crushes the Deus, not sure how legit this is. Does not seem to makes sense, if the Manticore is similar to a CTX in depth it should not outperform the deus to this extent.

This is a heads up test on several coin targets supposedly. Both units in General, reactivety 2.5 on deus and 5 I think on manticore.

Anyway it was an interesting watch. Maybe somebody knows these people or French and can elaborate.

Not posting the link, but if you go to youtube and search this title it will come right up. Poster is Le Fouilleur
Such a disappointment they didn't put an Equinox into the mix for the test. Still, I feel badly for the new D2 owners. The MTC does look like a beast.

I bought my D 2 in June
Don’t feel bad for me!
It’s a great machine that continues to amaze me! Looking forward to getting the Manticore theoretically in January and doing my own comparison
And if out performs the D2 well so be it.
I agree with you about putting it up against the Nox. Would have been interesting
I sold my 800 after my D1 I felt out performed it.
In my hunting environment.
Not a water hunter.
Such a disappointment they didn't put an Equinox into the mix for the test. Still, I feel badly for the new D2 owners. The MTC does look like a beast.

Much deeper bent square nails. I look forward to it.

The BEAST World Tour Continues!
Here are 4 more chances to see it in person!

Denton’s Civil War and Relic Hunt
October 1st & 2nd 2022
Rockingham, NC
Central Florida Sunshine and Silver Hunt
October 8th-9th 2022
Debary, FL
Treasure Fest V
October 15th-16th 2022
Murfreesboro, AR
DIGSTOCK IV
October 28th-30th 2022
Chazy, NY

The same guy, did a similar youtube video, comparing the Equinox 800, to the Manticore.
Very similar video and similar test proceedures.
I believe he owns the largest metal detector shop in France, if I understood his french correctly.

The same guy, did a similar youtube video, comparing the Equinox 800, to the Manticore.
Very similar video and similar test proceedures.
I believe he owns the largest metal detector shop in France, if I understood his french correctly.
Oui Oui

Ok. I wished they would have kicked the audio response up on the Deus. I always run at 6. When I first got the D1 I commented that the Nox 800 was out performing it. It was either here or another forum where a member said yeah? Run the audio response at 6 and get back to me. Big difference. Sold the Nox. I run the d2 at 6 as well. I have the Manticore pre-ordered but not sure I'll follow through. Sure it will be an awesome machine but that test IMO didn't show the D2 set like it could have been.

And I know what the book says about increasing audio response does not add depth and can give more false signals but I know what works for me. And apparently for the person who suggested it.