Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tester is quoted on this detector

Ken in Georgia

http://www.minelabowners.com/forum/f179/ctx-3030-i-cant-stand-any-longer-21824/#

And chew on this now, regarding coil compatibility with E-Tracs, explorers, etc - "No, for reasons soon to be made clear. Older Explorer and E-Trac coils will not fit on the CTX (or vice-versa) ... totally different technology. "

Hmmmm, oh boy, the plot thickens. Well done Minelab, you are creating a nice stir.

I think, it's good to advance.

Of course I am only offering a opinion....but....coil incompatibility doesn't necessarily indicate a quantum leap in detector improvement/technology. Take a Fisher F75 and a Teknetics T2. Both are very similar in performance and electronic design, yet their coils are incompatible.

TerraDigger said:
Of course I am only offering a opinion....but....coil incompatibility doesn't necessarily indicate a quantum leap in detector improvement/technology. Take a Fisher F75 and a Teknetics T2. Both are very similar in performance and electronic design, yet their coils are incompatible.

True Terra but he said "totally different technology". That language is a bit strong and makes me wonder what it is. I really do think it has to do (partially) with that pinpoint trigger and how repetitively he was pulling it in the video.

Personally I wouldn't have liked the 3030 as being new technology and still running old style coils. With new coils it has to make you wonder just what they have up their sleeves?

khouse said:
Personally I wouldn't have liked the 3030 as being new technology and still running old style coils. With new coils it has to make you wonder just what they have up their sleeves?

If it isn't integrating some form of PI (and I don't think it is), I think it is doing something with a frequency shift. There were rumors of it using more frequencies than the E-Trac.

Albert

What about a wave pattern that would change, do to the soil and EMI ???

Hmmm....I wonder if they are indeed increasing the voltage to the TX winding in the coil to generate a stronger magnetic field? While it may be that the current Pro Coil can handle the extra voltage there may have been design changes to lesson the problem of ground "glare" that others encountered when trying to increase the voltage to the TX winding on other machines (there is an amp that did this on the Sovereign but it had issues like that in mineralization, that's why TX power is fixed and can't be changed on most detectors as it's already been optimized for max depth of the detection field).

According to the specs this machine uses the same frequencies as the other FBS machines, so I doubt it has anything to do with that. Then again, who knows why it may have required a new coil. Maybe it's something as simple as the fact that the coil mounting ears on the Pro Coil are a bit thin, and wouldn't hold up with heavy water use? A friend had his snap on his new Etrac just tightening down the coil nuts when assembling the machine. Minelab sent him a new coil no questions asked.

it would be fairly easy to answer this issue, imho, The connectors would necessarily have to be different due to water submersion. i.e. an explorer coil is not water proof.