Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thank you WHITES!

Aaron

I just recieved my V3 back from WHITES yesterday with the new software, it took awhile but it sure looks like it was worth the wait. I love all the features and the new color instruction manuel was a great idea, along with the new DVD. It a great feeling to have my favorite detector back again, I cant wait to get out with it.
Thanks again to Todd Marshall and everyone at WHITES!
HH, Aaron

Glad to hear you got yours back. Just curious as to which center you shipped to? I will be sending mine back and would like an estimate of approximately how long it is taking to get the detector back with the V3i software upgrade.

Shipping time is really cut down if you use the closest center. Guys around me (Illinois) use the one in Illinois and have been having a week turn around time. Rob

It took exactly 3 weeks. It went to Oregon, thats where Todd told me to send it. Not that big a deal, I have other machines but Ive really begun to miss it, cant wait to take it out. I sent my LTD out to FISHER the same day and Im still waiting for it, and it was a real minor problem.
Thanks again WHITES!
Aaron

I sent mine to Lombard ,Illinois.Was back in less than a week and was over memorial day weekend. For what I have got to play with it ,It is very smooth.Needing cooler weather for better evaluation.Very well worth the $125 bucks. H.H. Yazoo

I sent my early run original version Vision to Oregon and waiting for the return trip back. Glad to hear it's worth it.
From what I been reading, I expect I'll have no regrets. Although it was working for me and I was used to the way it was, I originally had no plans on sending it in, but the positive feedback got the better of me.
I had sent the original coil and wireless headphone with it, minus the small coil. I feel it will be worth it.

With some hot days in & out along with dry soil conditions, it's the off season for me, so best to have it taken care of now rather than in the fall when the weather cools and I pick up more detecting time.

Believe it or not the deciding factor for me to finally pull the trigger on the upgrade, (and I was even able to have it done for free cause I just bought it in November) was the option of being able to set it up to different coils. My depth and vdi is always off with the smaller coils. However now that I have it and see it and especially the brand new color manuel and DVD it is really worth it. And guess what?.....WHITES even put in a brand new screen! I have no idea why though,,mine was still in perfect condition, just like all my machines they all get a good cleaning after each hunt..its just my A.C.D. I guess :crazy:
And if anyone is wondering Im still waiting for my LTD :unsure:
WHITES you really are number #1!!! :clapping:

I sent mine in to the Illinois center on the 4th at 4pm and It was returned to me on the 9th at 3pm. Now that was fast and unexpected. I to like the new color manual and the DVD. They also installed a new pod kit which I'm not sure what that all entails, I no the screen is new because mine had a scratch on it before I sent it in. Thanks Whites for the excellent service as usual!!

Finally sent mine in and they called my dealer to let me know it was on it's way back. (So should have it by Monday!) Got to say THANKS to my dealer for loaning me a V3i to use too! (Above and beyond.) This box runs smooth and has a lot to show on work well done! (All you "tester" guys who made this new version what it is....:thumbup::thumbup:.) Thanks to Carl for working his tail off and Todd for doin' the same at the factory. Going out with 2 buds this weekend to hit some very promising spots with all kinds of equipment (including three V3i's)! Can't wait and...NO RAIN!!!

WHAT!? No rain this weekend where do you live?...thats all their calling for this weekend up here in SE MICH. Not gonna let it stop me, I'll just go in the water with my new Beach Hunter ID. Found a little river last week where people are canoeing and swimming and found lots of coins and tabs. Got to be gold there somewhere!!
hh, Aaron

I live in the land of rain....Seattle! Actually, all of last year and all of this winter were incredible for weather, mostly. This spring hit and it has been an absolute mess! So...weekend's it! Tailgate dining and detector hunti' and talkin'! Oh Yeah! I'm already packed up.:clap: Sounds like you've planned right for yourself Aaron. If the temps. are warm...water's always fine! Good luck and lots of gold to ya! Scott

And to you to Scott, KNOCK 'EM DEAD this weekend, and dont forget to post some pics!
HH, Aaron

Could only imagine how many folks and hours it took to put this machine in production. To all...Great Job!

Went out for just a few minutes before work this morning. Just wanted to try my Deep Silver adjusting and found an old pocket spill that I'd missed I don't know how many times over the years. The area was in what is now the parking lot to an old ball field and loaded with trash. Signals were all over the place but Tone ID insisted somthin' was in the mix. It being a parking lot,got with the pick/adze action and from 11" came 3 '40's Mercs.,a 1916 Barber Quarter and 5 teens and twenties Wheats. The quarter seemed not to be part of the original spill as it was in the gravel of a later layer at 8" and was thrashed... but it's a Barber! Years ago,I found (in the same area) a child's rock,gem, and fossil collection box. It was in a copper box with gold leafed leatherette description panel. That was not a valuable find but sure was a memorable one! Wish the city would take off the top 6 inches of compacted top gravel for me! Lovin' this machine right now.

That is a super cool find Niel! Ive tried using Deep Silver many times, hadnt found anything deep or great with it though, all I know is you need to go really slooooow!

After my V3i arrived, it was time to send my 15-year-old XLT in for a tune-up. It had been acting strangely, dropping power without warning and requiring a complete restart, reload, and re balance every time it died. But the problem wasn't consistent - it might happen ten times in a row, or go for four or five hours before it quit.

Whites tried to isolate the defective component, eventually decided just replacing the circuit board was the most cost effective fix. When I got my machine back there was a new arm cup, new circuit board, new screen cover, even new screws. I used the machine three days in a row and my problems are gone. The machine works like new (or maybe even better!) and looks almost as good as new. And the best news: The money they charged me for all that effort was only a few dollars more than the shipping cost. I couldn't be happier. This is why I am - and will remain - a White's customer.

I now own four White's machines: an IDX Pro, the Spectrum XLT, a PI Pro and the new V3i. I own a couple other machines, but they are definitely on the auction block. With service like what the Whites' tech gave me, owning anything else would be sacrilege.

Gil:super:

Hard not to have loyalty to a company who takes care of us the way they do. Just got my V3i upgrade back at my dealer's today. (Pick it up tomorrow!) Thanks to a loaner from my dealer, I've been using a V3i for the last week and couldn't be more pleased.:thumbup: