Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The ctx is pretty smart

rsarge1

I was in a park here in town today and ran into another hunter he was using the v3i and we got to talking and while talking I swung my coil and got a penny dime hit and it was hitting solid on my ctx, when the other hunter went over it he said it was an iffy signal and he wouldn't dig it, so I decided to dig it any ways and out popped a clad dime LOL I love my ctx oh by the way there was some iron 4" below the dime, so wondering what else he might of missed I went over the exact same area he had just hunted and found about $2.35 in clad LOL. happy hunting all

sarge

I had a similar experience this past week. I was in a small area that produced a few wheats and got a very solid 12-41 at 5 inches. My buddy swung his T2 over it and said it was a choppy signal that he would not dig. It was such a solid signal that I thought he was kidding. Sure enough it was a wheat penny. Didn't even have any iron in the hole

:clapping:Thats awesome. I can't wait to get out and start swinging. I am curious to learn what my At Gold has missed.

I went over some digs and got an iffy signal that started to come in real nice so I dug, I pulled a token out. LOL I had to laugh at the guy who left it in his dig hole for me...Oh, oops It took me a minute to realize I was the only one who had ever hunted there...hmm, howed I miss that?

utahshovelhead said:
I went over some digs and got an iffy signal that started to come in real nice so I dug, I pulled a token out. LOL I had to laugh at the guy who left it in his dig hole for me...Oh, oops It took me a minute to realize I was the only one who had ever hunted there...hmm, howed I miss that?

:lol::rofl:

No matter what machine is used, you just don't find it all.

Hunted my lawn when I got the AT Pro - found stuff. Got my E-trac - found more stuff. Got my CTX - found more stuff. :wiggle:

Spade said:
Hunted my lawn when I got the AT Pro - found stuff. Got my E-trac - found more stuff. Got my CTX - found more stuff. :wiggle:

Indeed! I thought my lawn was thoroughly hunted out from going over it with a Bounty Hunter and various Garretts. But with the CTX I managed to find four more coins from the 1940s through the 1960s that had obviously been there for awhile. Yesterday, I was showing a buddy and his son how detectors work. We found even more stuff with the CTX, including a little "Scottie" dog from a Monopoly game and a cap badge from WWI or WWII (picture attached). It was at least 6" deep and had two nails near it. The TID was iffy as a result of the nails, but was solid enough in the 35 CO range for us to dig it.

-Ken