Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The EQ2 6 inch coil finds a masked seated liberty ...143 years old

Elmy

The coin was masked on the east side by half of a large nail...very rusty and flaking rust in my hand as I pulled it out of the hole.
My partner actually pulled the dime from the dirt as I was still after the nail with my pinpointer...he said dime...I keep digging...he said seated....I said , Yeah right....
But did my expression change when I saw it.....no dancing or hollering here....just amazed at a seated coin where it should have been a barber at this campgrounds.
First seated here and a 1877 cc mint mark. We found many coins that came in clearer and were what we called digable then when we used the larger coils and we used
a lot of them here...sef 12x10, 6x8 sef, ultimate 13, pro 11, 15x12 sef, tornado.....and still the little 6 inch EQ2 pulls a seated from amongst the worked out church campgrounds.
Oh..... and I also got an 1882 ih in the same area as the seated dime. Not a bunch of coins...and fresh dug holes were evident here again so we did ok .
1st pic is the lady and what has kept it in the ground for all these years....143 years old ! AND YES I WAS USING THE VERY SUCCESSFUL 110 PATTERN.

20200916_125148.jpg

20200916_124948_Burst01.jpg

Last edited:
Excellent! For me, quality trumps quantity. I would rather find one old coin than a pocket full of clad. Looking forward to giving that 110 pattern a workout...
My hunting partner and I both use it....If it didn't work I would not have posted it....It will get you coins !

Dang good hunt, wtg (y)

The coin was masked on the east side by half of a large nail...very rusty and flaking rust in my hand as I pulled it out of the hole.
My partner actually pulled the dime from the dirt as I was still after the nail with my pinpointer...he said dime...I keep digging...he said seated....I said , Yeah right....
But did my expression change when I saw it.....no dancing or hollering here....just amazed at a seated coin where it should have been a barber at this campgrounds.
First seated here and a 1877 cc mint mark. We found many coins that came in clearer and were what we called digable then when we used the larger coils and we used
a lot of them here...sef 12x10, 6x8 sef, ultimate 13, pro 11, 15x12 sef, tornado.....and still the little 6 inch EQ2 pulls a seated from amongst the worked out church campgrounds.
Oh..... and I also got an 1882 ih in the same area as the seated dime. Not a bunch of coins...and fresh dug holes were evident here again so we did ok .
1st pic is the lady and what has kept it in the ground for all these years....143 years old ! AND YES I WAS USING THE VERY SUCCESSFUL 110 PATTERN.

20200916_125148.jpg

20200916_124948_Burst01.jpg
Terrific recovery, congratulations
I for one don’t know about the 110 pattern. Is that an Etrac program?
Tony

Terrific recovery, congratulations
I for one don’t know about the 110 pattern. Is that an Etrac program?
Tony

Here you go Tony...

Thanks dave...want to trade the full seated one you have for it ?

Thanks for the comment....that campgrounds has
fresh dug holes and we hit it hard and yet...up comes a seated and an ih.

Nice find.

Planning on using the 1-10 pattern tomorrow. It did great in my test garden. Thanks for sharing it with us.

In my test garden on a 9" merc. With the 1-10 pattern I can swing pretty much any speed and it hits. With the trashy park pattern I have to swing very slow to hit it. Thats with the 6 by 8 sef coil.

Nice find.

Planning on using the 1-10 pattern tomorrow. It did great in my test garden. Thanks for sharing it with us.

In my test garden on a 9" merc. With the 1-10 pattern I can swing pretty much any speed and it hits. With the trashy park pattern I have to swing very slow to hit it. Thats with the 6 by 8 sef coil.
That is good news for all who want to try it....EXCELLENT !.....and as you can see ... IT DOES WORK VERY WELL.......good luck and keep us all posted on that log cabin trip !

Reactions: cw3
Yes, I do :)
with the seated coins I have found over the years I don't have a CC mint mark yet.
I have 3 1891s that are actually in better shape than this one.
I guess a guy always wants what they haven't found yet.

Dave

Thanks dave...want to trade the full seated one you have for it ?

Thanks for the comment....that campgrounds has
fresh dug holes and we hit it hard and yet...up comes a seated and an ih.

Yes, I do :)
with the seated coins I have found over the years I don't have a CC mint mark yet.
I have 3 1891s that are actually in better shape than this one.
I guess a guy always wants what they haven't found yet.

Dave
Ole stick was there and he pulled the coin from my dirt pile as I was chasing the other target, the iron nail, with the pinpointer.
He said that the coin... a seated , any seated, was on his bucket list....I asked him how many times do you think we went over this coin....
His answer was many, many times. We do find quite a few carson city mint marks here for some reason.
The coin was worn and thin but has a great looking date on it...I am thankful for that !

Here you go Tony...

Thanks hunter for adding the post....I just figured they would go to the etrac forum and find it...I guess I am just getting old and had a brain fart on that one.

A lot of people say turn 90 degrees check your target....A 90 degree turn would have missed this coin ...Of that I am sure....got to dig that high tone to get these in iron....and you will dig iron.