Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Equinox sucks

JimmyCT

at pulling coins out of the ground!! :LOL: This year I snagged 99 silvers. I may still get out a few more times this year however I am basically done. I have been hunting with the Equinox 800 since July 2018 and I have never found so many coins!! This machine sucks them right out of the dirt matrix and right into my goody pouch. Especially silver!! I hear the skeptics and that is fine... I know what this machine can do! Work the coil low and slow (this is so key) and you WILL be rewarded. I mainly hunt parks that have been left-for-dead by others, but this is where the fun comes in. I made 41 trips into the field this year. If you want to find the coins that have been missed by others, throw away the hype of blazing fast recovery and high iron bias among other things.... It is all about self-control in slowing down in places that have been beaten. Listen to subtleties / nuances / squeakers of what the Equinox is telling you. Many are in a damn rush to go nowhere fast :LOL:My own brother dislikes hunting with me and calls me a "human statue" :ROFLMAO:in the park then he goes home empty handed. Me, I will marinate and message the ground with frequencies and listen to what the machine is telling me. Park1-multi is my go-to program unless there is EMI. I will then switch over to Field2. I keep my recovery at 4, sensitivity at a minimum of 23 (even in heavy iron), I always use 50 tones as they convey incredible amounts of information about the target in question. GB - I keep it at Minelab's recommended setting of 0. Audio is set at 25 and then I adjust from my headphones to a comfortable level. Iron Bias, I always keep it at F2-0 (this may cause one to dig more iron, but the bright side, I have unmasked more old coins at this setting.)I have a junky old plastic toolbox in the basement that is chock full of clad (found with the Equinox) and weighs approximately 40lbs. The Equinox is one helluva machine IF you give it the chance…

Attachments

• IMG_1851 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1851 - Copy.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 121
  • IMG_1852 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1852 - Copy.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 119
  • IMG_1853 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1853 - Copy.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 127
  • IMG_1854 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1854 - Copy.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 113
  • IMG_1855 - Copy.jpg
    IMG_1855 - Copy.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 138
I agree with you.
When you first started showing me all those silver coins you were finding, I was intrigued especially knowing what detectors you had used at these sites prior to getting the Equinox.
I finally decided to get one after seeing how good you were doing with it and a little persuasion from you, and like you have have never found as many silver coins with any other detector I have used.
For the performance I am getting with it, i find it to be the easiest detector to use.
Like you said, go slow and you will be rewarded… this method has netted me many silver coins too since I have been using it.

I agree with you.
When you first started showing me all those silver coins you were finding, I was intrigued especially knowing what detectors you had used at these sites prior to getting the Equinox.
I finally decided after seeing how good you were doing with it and a little persuasion from you, and like you have have never found as many silver coins with any other detector I have used.
For the performance I am getting with it, i find it to be the easiest detector to use.
Like you said, go slow and you will be rewarded… this method has netted me many silver coins too since I have been using it.
Little persuasion ?
I nearly had to wrap the equinox around your neck 😂😂😂😂😂😂

"The Equnox sucks" lured me in. I hunt with similar settings. Pulled a silver Merc out of a Hunted out park last week. I like the 6 inch coil for Parks. Curious what coil you are using?

Uhhhhhhhhhhh………. DANG!!!

"The Equnox sucks" lured me in. I hunt with similar settings. Pulled a silver Merc out of a Hunted out park last week. I like the 6 inch coil for Parks. Curious what coil you are using?
I use the stock 11” coil.

Ditto.

Nice skills and finds! I'm also like a turtle when hunting, never works out when I'm rushing the swing. Did you ever use a minelab FBS? I like the etrac so much for coins that it's hard for me to move on from it.

Nice skills and finds! I'm also like a turtle when hunting, never works out when I'm rushing the swing. Did you ever use a minelab FBS? I like the etrac so much for coins that it's hard for me to move on from it.
Thank you. I came from the Minelab sovereign /BBS. That’s what I thought too with the sovereign with finding coins. It was hard for me to let it go and move on. However I took the plunge on the equinox and have been extremely satisfied with its performance. I must say, I have found more silver with the equinox then I ever did with the sovereign. This machine has convinced me to say goodbye to the sovereign for good. Set the equinox up to run like the FBS/BBS machines and I believe you would truly love the equinox.

That is a jaw dropping amount of the shiny stuff. I agree that the Equinox is a pretty great machine in the hands of someone that lets it do its thing. You did a great job describing reasons for success. Thanks for sharing settings and tips!

Jim, I thought you were at 97 silver coins…. You must have sneaked out somewhere!!!😂🤣
You know you might as well get number 100 before you hang it up.

Jim, I thought you were at 97 silver coins…. You must have sneaked out somewhere!!!😂🤣
You know you might as well get number 100 before you hang it up.
I added the two silver nickels to my count.🤭🤭