Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The future of metal detecting

laplander

Administrator
Staff member
She's only 11 years old and already kicking my arse!! 34 degrees and freezing rain couldn't slow her down, we hunted for 3 hours in another iron filled ghost town and not a complaint one.
The frost was 2 inches deep with soup on top so I had to break the first shovel full out then get out of the way.
No coins today but that didn't matter to us, what a great way to spend the day with a grand daughter!
beautiful 65 caliber drop musket ball
harness rivets, lead, and bits of brass.
Eyeball finds were nice too with pottery and china shards.
Did I mention I found a flat button:nopity:
Laplander and company

Very nice. Good fun!

That’s awesome Laplander!:) I love the hat! If only more kids were adventurous anymore instead of being glued to a screen....

n/t

That IS the future - so true. I Introduced my 13 year old step grand daughter in Va. to detecting and now she's hooked and hooked up (Ace 350, AT carrot, good digging tools etc). I'll get to dig with her again in April on our way back north. Because I also her grand father, my step son and a jump started a few other relatives of my wife's family we have much to share and compete about. My wife gets a chuckle out the friendship I've developed over detecting with HER ex. He's a good guy any way and we all get along super.

I have been taking my teenage Great-grandson out detecting for about 1 year,he will carry on when I get the call come in number 9.;)Jerry.

Not only the future of metal detecting.....but memories for a lifetime. Nicely done! HH Randy

That's great Laplander! :thumbup:

Always fun to involve the kids and grand kids in outings. My dad bought me my first metal detector for my birthday when I was a noob Boy Scout back in the mid-70's. Our troop used to camp out in the west desert Ghost Towns of Utah. Some great fun there.

Looking forward to some more of your ghost town reports.

Rich (Utah)

Bought my grandson a $60 detector (not sure he'll stick with it) for Christmas. We went for a short hunt and he totally spanked me! I was using a $1000 gold machine. I am not too worried about the future...

Today’s youth have online friendships.....They text, and rarely talk.....The clubs are filled with older folks.....We as the older generation were and are more active.....The Equinox is shaped like a cell phone/ iPad, and you push buttons to work it, and it gets you outside !!! Perhaps this is the Golden Egg to bring kids outside and deal with REAL experiences and not be so involved with the virtual lifestyle !!!!............????????...........Jim