Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The Legend is here!

This is a Nokta LEGEND thread Children! NOT a NOX thread Children! WTF??? MODERATORS PLEASE!!!

Attachments

• Screenshot_20211127-172750_YouTube.jpg
    Screenshot_20211127-172750_YouTube.jpg
    80.8 KB · Views: 111
Dilek said the machine comes with a printed manual. She also said that she has been very busy but is working on translating the manual and hopes it will be available online in a week or two.

Reactions: tvr
Nokta makro has made competing detectors to the well performing detectors already on the market. They have spent 2-3 years making a detector to compete and beat the equinox. Not only on performance, build quality but also price. If the legend doesn't do this then it would be a marketing disaster. Think of the Apex.. Minelab has made great detectors but had little competition in the smf until now. (Yes I know of cz,dfx v3 etc) but now they have direct competition on their newest most popular model at hundreds of dollars less with better build quality (waterproofness and coil ears) If anyone doesn't see this then to put it nicely- they are very loyal to minelab.

Nokta makro has made competing detectors to the well performing detectors already on the market. They have spent 2-3 years making a detector to compete and beat the equinox. Not only on performance, build quality but also price. If the legend doesn't do this then it would be a marketing disaster. Think of the Apex.. Minelab has made great detectors but had little competition in the smf until now. (Yes I know of cz,dfx v3 etc) but now they have direct competition on their newest most popular model at hundreds of dollars less with better build quality (waterproofness and coil ears) If anyone doesn't see this then to put it nicely- they are very loyal to minelab.
I'm waiting for some user reports. If it gets CZ like depth over wet salt sand, I'm in. Have had solid wet sand targets with old CZ6a that a pretty good detectorist with NOX heard nothing.

Guys, I'm going to do my bit. When I bought the Minelab Excalibur 1000, they said that it could send / receive 17 frequencies at the same time and that is not true. what the detector does automatically is to choose the frequency that best suits the terrain so that it is as stable as possible. He will change it as he deems necessary.
Technology has come a long way, but from what I've read, more than two simultaneous frequencies causes errors

NM is competing with the nox, not the CZs.
It is competing for market share. For my little part of the market, that means it needs to equal detection performance I already have while being in a better package; (lighter weight, better ergonomics and water proof). I doubt it will beat the shear depth of detection the AQ LTD's I've got; but if it runs as quiet and deep as a CZ over wet salt sand, I'll get one.

They should because when tested, it's running two frequencies. That's a fact. There are 5 available frequencies but only 2 are being used.
"And that's what I've done." < Carl Morela

"Park MF is 7.8k+39k. "< Carl Moreland

"Beach MF is 7.8k+18.5k." < Carl Moreland

Now go tell him he doesn't know what he's talking about because I'm sure all you arm chair engineers are much smarter than Carl.
Fair enough. I'll admit I don't hang around detector prospector a lot. I find it very strange that somebody at Minelab would actually not know the answer to a straightforward question. Either Martha knowingly lied or didn't know what she was talking about when she responded to Fire Fighter 43. If you are right, I'm not confident that Minelab is hiring the right personnel. Maybe Carl should write to Minelab and tell them about his oscilloscope findings.

I love my 600 but am always open to a new technology or a new detector with promise. Minelab has always acted afraid of competition from any other company eating away at their monopoly. With the x-terra they would falsely say after market coils wouldn't work when in reality sometimes they were an improvement and worked fine.
That's true. When I got the X-Terra, I asked about third party coils once in the X-Terra forum and was scolded as if I had committed a crime against humanity.

I still don't understand why some Equinox users find it upsetting to learn that the Equinox transmits/receives two frequencies at a time. Perhaps you'd be willing to explain that?
Not upset. I had never read that the Equinox was only using 2 simultaneous frequencies anywhere before. I just wanted to get my facts straight by people who know. The answer from the Minelab representative only added to the confusion IMHO. The Equinox works wonders for me even if it ONLY uses 2 simultaneous frequencies. It finds me more silver coins than anything I have used and that's the bottom line.

This is a Nokta LEGEND thread Children! NOT a NOX thread Children! WTF??? MODERATORS PLEASE!!!
You are absolutely correct. Sorry for offending anybody by getting completely sidetracked.