Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The new and improved seal still leaks :ranting:

With any Detector when I enter the water I always think what if it leaks.
I have the older version CTX with the NEW Seal and so far so good.
The only thing I don't like is the cost to repair it if it happens to leak that is why I am waiting for something better to come out that doesn't cost a arm and a leg.

This is a sore spot with me where were the testers when this was contrived didn't they go in the water with this didn't they know there would be sand there and looking at the battery catches didn't they know that they could be caught on something and open in the water .
Now sounds like a lot of pissing around just to get in the water rubber band around the clamps silicone grease larger seal all to cure a know mistake from the get go .
So now they have a update if you bought back in 2012 you well pay to fix are mistake $150.00 .If it was a better design from the get go we would not be having any of this.

I'm glad I don't water hunt I would be praying ever time I open it after hunting to see if I destroyed it .
This is just wrong and that's my sore spot no updates 5 years but I can pay a 150.00 for a update that's minelabs problem .

Then they use the same design on the $8000.00 gold detector but it says water resisitan not water proof to 10 feet I guess they don't want to be fixing those .:veryangry: sube

Well to be fair to minelab, they have repaired mine free of charge each time.

Though the designer that thought it a good idea to put the terminals at the bottom of a well where water would gather and the poor seal choice needs to be found a new job.

I have suspected for quite a while that Minelab contracts out the mechanical design 100%. There are just too many features of their new plastic detectors that make no sense whatsoever from a practical treasure hunting point of view. In my opinion they were never very good at it there detectors were always too heavy and often feel balanced. It seems that in their various reorganizations since being taken over by Codan – they have gotten rid of pretty much everybody who knows anything about actually detecting. Smart – sometimes brilliant – electronic designs let down time and time again by terrible mechanical design.

robinb...... you are 100% correct. Why in the world would you put those at the bottom of the battery box? Ummm i know at least one guy here in Fl who did the testing..... remember all that gold BEFORE the salt setting was added?

I ran into a guy water hunting yesterday........ he had his entire battery compartment taped with some red waterproof tap and he said it was over a baggie lol. You had to see this extreme measure....... which hes been doing for the past 4 years he said. So far ive found the 2.5 mm O ring to be pretty good. But...... any machine you have to open the box lends its self to leaking because some arent as careful as other too. If this machine had a plug in battery system like the Xcal...... there ya go.

I am surprised they have not gone for inductive charging. Been around for years now.

The only concern with the 2.5mm O ring is the nitrile and buna ones are quite stiff, unlike the jelly one minelab supply.
Concerned the clamps might get over stressed when closing.