Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

the no coil detected crap

teleman2525

well after I got my no coil detected notice on my ctx I had to wait a few days for the 3rd of the month to get my social security check to pay to have my coil mailed out to mine lab who then told me no coils in stock waited over a week got a call this Friday from fed ex saying my coil would be delivered Saturday needed my signature stayed home all day finaly called fed ex who now say oh no won,t be here till Tuesday . it seems no one no,s what the other is doing no if when I finaly get the new coil it don,t fix the no coil detected problem I,ll have to send my whole ctx in to find out whats wrong and I,ll have to pay to do that also .I love my ctx when it works awesome detector but so far service sucks .I never once had to pay for any garrett service they sent me what I needed for any service required.sorry for the rant guys but I am a bit peed off

What kind of coil did you purchase? Was it a mine lab coil? I know how you feel, when I first purchased mine everything went wrong. My dealer and mine lab did straighten everything out. I hope everything works out. Mine does stand by their product.

im sure they will it was the stock coil for the ctx that's the same one every body else has had issues with

Minelab has sent me a mailing label along with the RMA number the few times I have needed repair. Your CTX should still be under warranty. Sorry you are having problems.

Minelab says that the first 90 days they will send a UPS tag after that it is on the user.

With insurance, it was around 40.00 for me.

73cj5 said:
Minelab says that the first 90 days they will send a UPS tag after that it is on the user.

With insurance, it was around 40.00 for me.

Is that their policy for all returns or just a suspected bad coil?

up date got my new coil today hunted about 4 hrs with the new coil all is good so it was just a bad coil not my detector not my fault but it still cost me time lost and shipping cost to send out a bad coil that seems to happen to a lot of us ctx user it seems a fix in order for the stock ctx coil,s after all this is a 2000 dollar detector my explorer se pro and its stock coil are still working fine 3 years down the road not the 3 months I had on my ctx

To address the Fed Ex thing, if you go on line on their tracking site you can click on the delivery tab and get a choice to change time of delivery or you can print out a form that you sign and designate where you want it left and they will leave it there without you having to sign in person.