Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The NOX just keeps impressing me!

utmike

Posted these on the today's finds forum as well. Nabbed these two golds out of a tot lot today. The ring was shallow and rang up as an 8. The TINY 10k wire earring was 5+ inches down and was a pretty clear 12. I'm not saying another machine wouldn't have detected it but the way the NOX sounded off with a "dig me" tone was impressive. These are my first gold finds since switching to the NOX 800. I can honestly say I've done better with it than anything else I've swung.

Attachments

• 20210501_205708.jpg
    20210501_205708.jpg
    772.5 KB · Views: 121
When you start poppin’ gold it gets your attention! I’ve noticed also, along with others, that the EQX does like lower conductors, perhaps a little more stable than other units. Whatever you’re doing...keep doing it!👍👍👍

Two pieces of Gold in one day..!! You are the Man..! Are those diamonds in the ring..?

Two pieces of Gold in one day..!! You are the Man..! Are those diamonds in the ring..?
Thank you! My wife bought me a diamond tester a few years ago and they did all test real.

Very nice! Were they a higher tone?
Thank you Ted, they were both low tone targets. I hunt exclusively in Field 2 because the multi frequency range favors small targets in trasy/difficult ground (so I've been told). I use the 5 tones option and have set the audio to get progressively higher at the following target ID's: 2/10/18/26. That way, everything in the nickel range, zinc range, clad dime range, and silver coin range have their own "sound grouping" to me. It's kind of like where the tone breaks were on the Xterra series in 4 tones which is the machine I started with. Gold is such a wild card, my experience is it's usually nickel and below but I've dug it all the way up to the zinker ID. Hope that all makes sense?

Last edited:
Nice finds that's why I use mine 100% it's killer on gold silver also..
Mark

Some days are diamonds some days are gold but both in one day, I would be impressed as well, conrats!
HH Jeff

Yes, what great finds. I need to get out more with my 800 and park my other machines. Problem now is the heat and humidity will be in the upper 90's. That's a killer for an old man.