Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The park that keeps on giving.

Dan(NM)

I had a very productive day hunting a city park in a nearby town which has been very good to me. Took me 7 1/2 hours to round up all these keepers. The v nickel is the fifth one I've taken out of this park in the last 2 weeks. Ended up with a nickel trifecta to boot. I think I'm going to get the 5x10 coil due to the amount of iron and debris in the places that are producing the coins. I did pretty good by going nice and slow and digging all iffy tones. I was very surprised to see the Canadian quarter come out, that's the second one I've found this year.

Nox 800

Park 1

Recovery 3

Iron Bias 0

Sens 23

Manual GB 30

2 Tones

Tone break at 10

Attachments

• Brady1 11-18-2021.jpg
    Brady1 11-18-2021.jpg
    138.5 KB · Views: 115
  • brady2 11-18-2021.jpg
    brady2 11-18-2021.jpg
    175.2 KB · Views: 124
Nice assortment! It would be interesting to see what results the other coil produces. I've wondered if the 5x10 would be good in water with less resistance making swinging easier?

You have a nice combo of settings and they are paying off very nicely for you.
Great finds indeed! Iffy signals to me that don’t drop or bleed out I always dig. Many of these targets are severely masked old coins. Even though they are “iffy” they have a smoothness about them that tells me to dig.

Nice assortment! It would be interesting to see what results the other coil produces. I've wondered if the 5x10 would be good in water with less resistance making swinging easier?
Thank you. I'll look for a 5x10 and see if it helps or not. I'm sure the smaller coil would move thru the wtaer a bit easier that the 11"

You have a nice combo of settings and they are paying off very nicely for you.
Great finds indeed! Iffy signals to me that don’t drop or bleed out I always dig. Many of these targets are severely masked old coins. Even though they are “iffy” they have a smoothness about them that tells me to dig.
There definitely is a certain tonal quality to some of the iffy, scratchy signals that produce. Another thing I watch are how the VDI's are acting. Wild swings from the 20's to negative numbers are almost always some kind of iron in my soil, even if I get a consistent one way hit. I'll dig a few just to make sure ;)