Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The past couple of hunts...

sgoss66

Hi all!

I have been out doing some night hunting the past few nights, as this is the time I have available right now due to my shift schedule!

The first picture (of the UGLY war nickel and the wheat) is from my local park that after too many years of hunting it WAY too much, it's become VERY stingy at giving up good finds.

The second, is from the following night, from a site that was an old golf course. I've hunted one small part of this site heavily with my Explorer (a sidewalk next to where the pool used to be), as this small section gave up a large number of wheats -- probably about two dozen, but never a silver coin from this part of the site. However, there are a lot of nails in this little area as well, so I thought that maybe with the Equinox I might be able to scare up another wheatie. Well, I underestimated the Equinox's ability to find partially masked targets! Nearly every one of those coins (plus several Memorial pennies not shown) had at LEAST one nail in the hole with them, and the ones that didn't, had nails nearby enough to foul up the signal, to varying degrees. After several of these digs, the Equinox and I got on the same page, and I became really confident in what I was hearing -- and when it was trying to alert me that there was a coin hidden in the iron. Let's just say I'm EXTREMELY impressed. EVERY one of these coins was passed over with the Explorer, multiple times. To say I am a bit shocked, is an understatement...

Steve

[attachment 358264 5-13-18Finds-rotcrop.JPG]

[attachment 358265 5-14-18Finds-rotcrop.JPG]

Excellent post!!! And congrats on the coins :beers:... I've been pretty impressed with the equinox as well... been finding old coins with iron in the same holes like you...

Won't obsolete my deus but the eq800 seems to be a great complementary machine to it..

Nice work, as usual, Steve!

The Nox continues to impress in those "hunted out" spots for me as well. Not only is it like a laser in the iron, it is the best "high tone, quick and dirty, cherry picker ever" due to it's incredible recovery speed.

Dean

Nice job Steve!! Recovering targets like that certainly is a confidence builder in the Equinox's ability.