Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The rest of the hunt........ 9 silvers

Larry (IL)

I had a chance to use three detectors over the past week including some water hunting but most of my time was devoted to comparing deep signals with the V3i to the other high end machine and I have to stand firm that the V3i can hold it's own on detecting and Id'ing the deep targets in and around iron and targets on edge. If you have the V3i, rest assured, you have one of the best detectors on the market, for not only deep coin hunting, but finding gold jewelry as well, including chains, bracelets and necklaces, not to mention all of the gold rings found so far with he V. White's you have a winner.....:thumbup:

Some of my finds with the oldest being an 1889 Indian.

[attachment 171476 finds.jpg]

Details.........:shrug: Not too much to detail really. We had a chance to get away for a week and the weather did not cooperate for doing too much hunting, Nancy and I met up with Rob and Paulette from Lockport and a few members from the Peoria IL club for some hunting, campfires and story telling. Most of the days were hot and humid so hunting was mostly in the mornings in the shade at the local parks. The locals have hit the parks hard over the years, so pickings were slim but as we know, no place is ever hunted out, even the clad was pretty scarce. We hunted a couple of older ball diamonds as well. One hot afternoon I took a relief hunt in the water at the beach where we were camping and that was even hard going, yielding some clad and bobby pins, no jewelry this time. That pretty much wraps up the hunting part of our vacation.

Very nice finds Larry! Thanks for the pictures too.

NebTrac

Yer saying it & yer showing it - yer killin me Larry - & that's a good thing - glad the V3i will hold its own - WTG!

Sounds like a great time with friends and V. Camp fire stories are a treasure of their own and worth more than one can dig. Nice finds Larry,WTG

Moose

Very nice Larry. Sounds like you guys (and girls) had a great time.

Hi Larry , Did you use Hi Pro??? and did you tweek it a Bit??? How Deep??? WTG on the Hunt we know the real treasure is just Hunting with friends and the Thrill of the finds,
Yes the Whites V3i is The Detector im going to take Down South wen i go to the Beach, Good Hunt, Mickfin

Larry,

Nice finds. Would you mind sharing the settings that you used on the V3i? I have another high end machine myself and was contemplating comparing signals this weekend at some sites here in S. CA.

You can PM me if that is more convenient or email me at wpaxt@aol.com.

Thanks.

Bill (S. CA)

I use the basic Hi Pro program, Gain, Filter and Sensitivities adjusted to my ground. I accept all VDI's and assign 0 tone to the negative VDI's and +95. That is about it.

What a nice outing with great friends and finds. Good job Honey! Love the "cannonball". :poke: HH, Nancy

I have hunted with several other high end detectors for deep coins (8+) on several occasions and have heard every signal they have heard. I did have to turn on Tx boost. The V3i will go deep and it's very good in iron.

Ray(Ca)