Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

The wireless module

Bromly

I was wondering if the wireless module has a strap built into it?Say for putting it around your arm, or maybe a clip for clamping around a shirt collar or something.

Thank you!
Ken

Ken

I believe I read it has a clip to clip to your shirt or wherever. I was thinking about an arm strap for an Ipod or Iphone if it will fit, they are relatively cheap.

BCOOP

bcoop said:
Ken

I believe I read it has a clip to clip to your shirt or wherever. I was thinking about an arm strap for an Ipod or Iphone if it will fit, they are relatively cheap.

BCOOP

That's a good idea, I think having it around my arm would work better.

Thanks BCOOP

no strap just a clip. consider you still have all that headphone wire dangling around when you think about it.

spdnj said:
no strap just a clip. consider you still have all that headphone wire dangling around when you think about it.

No problem, that's what wire strippers and a soldering iron is for. Making the cord around 15" should work ok.

The headphone wire is either dangling from the wireless or the back of the detector so I don't see too much of an advantage using the remote. On land I will probably plug right into the CTX and might use the remote in waist high water hunting.

Larry (IL) said:
The headphone wire is either dangling from the wireless or the back of the detector so I don't see too much of an advantage using the remote. On land I will probably plug right into the CTX and might use the remote in waist high water hunting.

after using the wireless module there is no way I will be hooking into the detector. I hook the module onto my belt behind my back and run the headphone cord down my back. I never realize its there and it is nice being able to set down the detector without having to mess with the headphones. Thats just my opinion though.... here are pics of the module and clip...

bigboar said:
I hook the module onto my blet behind my back and run the headphone cord down my back.

Exactly how I was going to use it. I checked my coiled headphone cable and it should sit nicely behind my back.

TY for the pics Bigboar, I guess I'll go get an arm strap, wife and I stay on the wet slopes . I'm afraid clipping to the belt might be a little to close to the waves that sometimes sneak up on me.

Ken

Bromly said:
TY for the pics Bigboar, I guess I'll go get an arm strap, wife and I stay on the wet slopes . I'm afraid clipping to the belt might be a little to close to the waves that sometimes sneak up on me.Ken

If I were in the waves, I would use one of those small blue waterproof pouches and hang it around my neck. Work a small hole for the wire to come out near the seal. That should make it safe from anything short of a prolonged dunking.