Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

There is only one thing that I don't like about the E-TRAC, there are MANY things I like about it though

jbow

In fact I absolutely love this detector and the only time I can imagine not using it is if I am cache hunting since it will not give a good reading on a pile of silver dollars...

The thing that bothers me is that I cannot figure out a way to tell a bronze memorial cent from a clad dime. My Sovereign will tell me the difference, why not the E-TRAC? They need to tweak the next model so that you do not have to dig every bronze penny to find a dime.

Oh well... I guess you can't have everything.

Julien

Julien what number on the 180 meter does the bronze memorial cent your talking about read? I know zincs are 176-177 on the sov meter and dimes/quarters are 180.

thanks,
Neil

I haven't used it in a while but I think they read 178-79. Dimes and quarters 180. Nickels about 145, I don't remember exactly. I am getting bronze cents with a conductive reading from 42 to 45, usually 43-44 but dimes are doing the same thing for me. I've has a few dimes where the ferrous number dropped to 9-10 but it doesn't seem to be a regular thing. Every time I think I have something to distinguish a dime a cent does the same thing.

J

I am having a hard time telling a dime from a nail :) kidding aside... this has been an issue since day one.. they lumped it all into 12, on the explorer while some copper cents read close to dimes, the audio was always definitely higher if you used fe, quarters even higher and farther right.. One of the things I am trying to figure out is those middle tones, sometimes it seems like the 30's sound lower in tone than the 20's.. I still have only found one indian.. I am digging every 30-37 signal I get and all I am finding is aluminum.. and an occasional button or zinc penny.. not one indian from a place lived in since 1790? seems weird.. I got large cents, flying eagle, two center, half cent, then nothing except 1930's coins and higher except one barber quarter.. I haven't had the explorer over there since getting the Etrac.. maybe I will go find some with it.. Probably got a dozen silver coins there and a bunch of wheats from there total.

I believe I got 3 silvers with the explorer in the two hunts, the hunts no more than a couple hours.. No Indians with either yet. maybe they are all stacked up :)

I hunted it twice with the explorer. older coins
1 large cent
1 half cent
1 Barber Quarter

Etrac about 20 times now. older coins
1 large cent
1 two cent
1 flying eagle

Those are some nice finds...

:geek:

J