Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

There's Lots Of Brilliant :nerd: Talent On This Garrett Metal Detecting Forum. ."WHAT DO/DID YOU DO FOR A LIVING?????" :ninja:

I'm brand new to this intriguing hobby (so new that my Ace 350 hasn't even been delivered yet). I am retired after 33 years in law enforcement (retired police chief). I now write travel columns and ride motorcycles. I figured that the three hobbies would go well together. Touring on the M/C, then writing about the places I visit, and metal detecting while there. Not looking to make a killing or get rich just looking to have fun and add a new hobby to the ones I already have. Ha Ha Ha.

12 years working as Manager of a large municipal wastewater treatment facility in Ct. Before that, operations manager for a private rubbish hauling company and front load driver for 15 years. Married for 15 years to my beautiful wife and have a 3 year old daughter that wants to metal detect with dad and drive race cars as soon as she can! Life's great! I have wanted to MD since I was a kid, but just ordered my first unit, a Garrett AT Pro last week. Looking forward to getting out as soon as the snow melts and putting all the great advice I've been given from all the kind people here on this forum to use. I hope to meet some of you soon! Good luck detecting to all!

CNC Milling center programmer, G and M code

Hi John! I owned a small trucking company with trucks leased to a company contracted to Caterpillar, so I've delivered Cat parts to Finning there on 170th many times. Love your city. Miss seeing the folks at the West Edmonton Truck Stop on 118th. Good hunting! Roger

Retired accountant/office manager for a corporation.

Volunteer EMT Ambulance ~ 10 years.

Boy Scout Scoutmaster (Way back)

Hey from Indiana, I just returned to this wonderful hobby. I have been in corrections for over 20 years and currently working in the Internal Affairs Department tracking gang members. I just bought a Garrett Ace 350 hoping to enjoy it as much as I did my White detector several years back. When it quit working I stopped for some strange reason and just lately the bug bit me, and I decided to start again. Happy hunting.

Graduated with a Bachelors in Electrical Engineering in 84, been a technical sales engineer in the telecoms industry for the past 15 years
I have been interested in MD since I was a kid - finally got a ACE 350 about a month ago - its has been a awesome experience - should have gotten into this
years ago. Best find so far is a 1944 Mercury head dime found last week - I feel very fortunate finding old silver within my first month of MD'ing.

HH!

Graduate Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Worked as design engineer, salesman of helicopters for over 43 years, Last 22 have been in the Litigation Management Department. Just took delivery of ACE 350 and learning the use of the tool. Planning on working the local CT beaches and farm fields. Other hobbies include traditional archery, deer hunting, native American artifact hunting, NRA pistol instructor, State of CT Hunter Safety Instructor, fishing, slingshots and building knives and archery equipment.

Electronics and electrical technician but I end up the last years working as a barman on a beach bar.

Retired Electronic Technician for Southern Bell Telephone and Telegraph, Bellsouth telecommunications and AT&T. worked 38 1/2 Years.

I'm a young gun at this I'm only 25.
Currently I'm a delivery driver for coca-cola. I drive a 48ft trailer. Been with coke for 2 years.
Before that I was working in a cabinet shop. I built countertops, made moulding, installed, delivered. That was for 3 years. Before that I worked as a host and cashier at a restaraunt for about 2 years. I'm sticking it out with coca-cola though. I got alot of years ahead of me.

I'm a teachers' labor union representative for 11 years. Formerly a USPS letter carrier (and union rep) for 18 years. Drywall finisher, plasterer, rough and trim carpenter before that. Retirement (and endless time for hunting) in less than a year!

Mike

Retired Pa. State Police with 30 years service. Retired 22 years and at 75 really slowed down but over the years lost count of the Garrett products I have used..Still think the AT pro needs a larger meter...for us seniors....

I'm an RN, shooting for the ER. Last year was diagnosed and treated for cancer, so I've been kinda not working (which is killing me!!), and I can't wait until they clear me for full-time again. I *dream* of being at work. Strange, but I love being a nurse in a hospital...just love it.

Since I have also been sidelined from skydiving and jumping my thoroughbreds until I'm fully clear, I needed something to do outside. Because I've always been interested in MDing, and bought my niece a toy MD for Christmas last year, I decided to give this a go.

I bought a Garrett 250, received it yesterday, and have put in my first hour. Found a pull tab!! Gave up on working it a bit harder, as it was 101* and my Dr would kill me for going out in that heat, but what she doesn't know won't hurt her. LOL. Between the heat and the drought we're in, it's hard to even dig the grass at the parks, yanno? So...I'll practice, and bide my time. Then when it cools off a bit, I will be ready and waiting to get out there and swing low and slow, and find my next 999 pull tabs.

:)

BTW, I'm in So Ca/San Fernando Valley, so if anyone knows of a group that would help give some hands-on training, I'd love to know about it. TIA!

Best-
Herding Cats

Hi since graduating from HS in 67 Ive worked as the following.
Mechanic
Telephone installer repairman (C&P Telco)
Data/Teletype tech (C&P Telco)
SR Computer field engineer AT&T (Retired)
SR Computer field engineer NCR (Retired)
SR Computer field engineer (Debold)
SR Computer OCR field engineer (Siemens)
Retired on social Security 14 months
SR Computer field engineer SSCS Global (Present job and the one I've enjoyed the most)
I have been happily married coming up on 45yrs and have two great sons and two grand kids.

I have been detecting on and off for 40yrs and own a Garrett GTA-1000 and Seahunter Mark II
At 65 life is just beginning

Uncle Sam's Air Force 4 years. Then did 42 years selling brick and block. Now retired and starting to enjoy the life of leisure. I think I am going to get use to this.

Hello fellow THers, I worked as a electronic technician or design engineer in many places. I worked at Garretts in the early 80's and appeared in their ads for the industrial line. Tested the S1-3, groundhog,ADS series,US ARMYfield communications, computers, plant genetics and plant culture. Retired and existing in the San Diego Area.

went into US army for three years after high school. Spent 13 months on the DMZ in Korea and 17 months in Germany. After discharge from military I worked in factory making flash light batteries for about 5 years. Went from there to driving semi trucks over the road 38 years later I retired at 62 for health reasons. Been retired 5 years now. Hobbys include geochaching hunting fishing and metal detecting. Im new to metal detecting but enjoy what I have done no big finds yet though.
Was married 22 years then divorced we had 5 children 4 boys 1 girl. There all grown up now. I remarried lost her to cancer 10 years ago now. Been by my self every since.

I hope to learn a lot here and make new friends bear with me Im not real good on computer lol
bounty hunter
garrett ace 350
garrett pro pointer
garrett digger
garrett sand scoop