Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

THEY HAD A VISION

Pookybear

I know that whites makes great metal detectors, and I have found a great many really neat things with mine and plan on purchasing several more in the next few months.I have been wanting to buy a Vision / V3 since they came out .What I would like to know is why we are seeing so many of them coming up for sale on the forums and FeeBay.Are they so complicated that people are afraid to make adjustments?or perhaps the fact that no one has written a book on how to get better performance from them yet?It would seem that some people are going back to what they know and are comfortable with,unless of course they traded off their DFX's XLT's or what have you to get the Vision/V3.(Whoops huh).Perhaps the people who are selling their Visions /V3s aren't dyed in the wool Whites users and are those people who just want to try every new detector that comes out,wich is of course their perogative.I remember seeing on several of the classifieds sites where people were posting-(If anyone is unhappy with their Vision/V3 I would like to buy one.) I remember thinking.(Like that is going to happen.LOL) I was saving up to buy an Eagle spectrum when the XLTs first came out and after getting and using it ,I wasn't going to get rid of it for love or money. To see people selling or trading off their Visions/V3 after only six months or so on the maket is really surprising.Perhaps the people who are getting rid of their Visions are really Fisher people?LOL

Some impulse buy,some buy and find thier original detector more to thier liking and some simply think a new machine will shortcut them to great finds.Probably other reasons too,but at least they are getting V3s in the market a little cheaper so people that dont want to spend quite that much on a new one have a chance at a like new one at a decent price.

Many sellers did NOT learn the machine.

Many jumped in and just asked for a magic program! We did not even have a manual at first;-)

Some COIL problems--PLUS send the detector in for POD repair and software updates

V-COILS slow to come out.

THE PEOPLE that kept the V3...Took it out and used what they had--LEARNED--as they go.

I went in with OPEN eyes. I did not just compare too other machines. I did miss my BigFOOT coil :-(

FUN FUN FUN
Jerry

I have the XLT ,the DFX,and the V3. The more I learn the V3 the better I like it and can always use either of my other 2 detectors if I feel the need . I remember my DFX when I first got it I thought it was bad several times , had it checked out on many occasions. Then after about 7-8 months and lots of reading It was a great machine. I figure the same will go with the V3, for it is another great machine. I guess the weak at heart will give up, before really giving the chance to learn it.I to am waiting on some books,but until then I will keep plugging away. My silver count this year aint doing to bad , maybe not as many deep ones but there has been a few.Whites this ones is a keeper, and a hell of a machine . Thanks to all that contributed to making a awesome machine. And big thanks to all on here that have posted some positive ,helpfull information to play by. We are all learning together, some just a lil faster than others. H.H. 2 all. Yazoo

Hi: Interesting question.

I purchased two very slightly used Visions from the same dealer one for me and one for my partner. One was his "dealer model" and one was from a customer who wasn't "that into the machine."

Interestingly, I wasn't satisfied with mine and neither was my partner. We sent both of them to Whites, as we tweaked the daylights out of them for months and couldn't ever see past four inches and couldn't pinopint or get proper depth readings. People on this forum and others basically implied that we were too lazy or stupid to learn these complex machines.

Whites told us that both machines were defective, with confirmed depth problems, there were calibration issues from the factory among other things. Both machines were replaced with new V3s.

So in my case, I bought two machines used from people who weren't that thrilled with them. And for good reason. Both were defective enough to be completely replaced. If these things weren't covered by warranty I'd recommend against buying a used one, as the early ones with bugs may be so frustrating that they actually are being sold off.

Many thanks to whites for the great customer service, with out that I would be up the creek. I can't say enough good things about their professionalism and customer service, they are a great company. As we get ready to set out with the new, tested at the factory machines we will be reporting back. From talking with other users with problems just like mine that have been emailing me, apparently when you get a machine that isn't buggy, its an amazing change! I will have my first day with my new machine tomorrow and I can't wait!

The village idiot,

Tater

I never did learn my DFX much beyond the stock programs.... I sprung for the V3 because I wanted to have an edge when I went out..... I do not know if it is deeper than the DFX I haven't been able to tell yet BUT the screen information is much more than I expected... This one I am learning well and easily as tunable as the DFX and easier for the most part. I think people just spend the big bucks on a whim and then are not willing to work on getting the most out of a machine..... There were some issues at the start that did not help but you should always expect that when you get the first production models of ANYTHING... already have a DEEP gold ring this one is a keeper and will be deeper when I get it down!!!!!!!

I just got mine last Tuesday night took it out Wednesday, found a really nice silver Washington, 5 inches down, 1st time out. The next day on Thursday, I turned it on and the V3 went bonkers on me, it wont stop making noises, regardless if the coil is on the ground or in the air. Checked the coil cable, not loose or anything. Called Todd at Whites and he suggested a few things and nothing worked. He had said that he hasnt seen this before so I have to send it back to Kelly Co. tomorrow. I really loved using this detector too, I have had many machines and can honestly say this one is the nicest one I've had. The whole time I was using it I was thinking whats with all the other people that are having problems, it seemed so easy to use. And then whammo! I figure by time Kelly Co. gets another one back to me there may be snow on the ground up here in Michigan. This has been some week, 1st my new detector dies on me then my wife tells me shes leaving me. Whats next?

I can't see letting my Vision go. At first I had to learn to tweak it down for the couple areas I was using it. I find it has a lot of fun factor with all the bells & whistles, and the wireless headphone was a nice added feature. As I got to using it more, I started to tweak on some settings but I haven't near as much as some folks. Yeah they may tout the turn on & go programs, but that didn't work in my case for the areas I was detecting. So it took me some time to tame it and I actually have a good ways to go. But I find it fun learning this machine.
So when I'm in the mood for the bells & whistles, the Vision is right up there. For days when I want something simplistic, I have a handful of other detectors to meet that too.

Sorry to hear that, Aaron. Grim news all around. :( You owe yourself a get-away weekend, if there's snow on the ground in Michigan when your machine comes in drive south half a day, you deserve it.

Tater.

I have to agree with you on that one BHN. If you look back on each new release of any detector, there is a big "sellback" from those who just don't like it or expected more.

Yep, lots of (I think more) e-tracs for sale on the forums also. People buy machines expecting more and sell quick while they can still get top dollar.

I have study the used market extensively for years. A lot of it is about new unit volumes. People have lots of different reasons, however, the overruling factor is the more of any one model sold new, the more you see of it in the used market. Just human nature. Compare to cars, at any given time Chevy and Ford both always average near 7,000 for sale on E-Bay. Infiniti only 650. That ratio is consistent with their respective market shares and roughly fits or represents new unit sales volume differences. It is actually unsettling how predictable the majority of us humans can be. Oops, government doesn't want people to know that!

Howard