Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thin 14k Gold chain...4 machines...on the beach - dry sand

Barry NY

The proverbial thin gold chain test in dry sand...care to put your unit up to the challenge?

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k31PPlwXloo[/video]

Nothing I have would touch that...........She looks like a good drysander.......I would like to see a At Pro Gold in the next test, I have a few friends that say they are good with small chains...it's a single Frequency also, 18kHz.. How is the DTG near or in the saltwater?

Hey OBN...We just got an AT Gold...will now be included in all future tests...
As expected being a single freq detector - not suited for wet salt water sand work...
Too bad.........it's really hot on Gold...thin and tiny gold too...check out this video with a .313 gram AK nugget:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rb7KQFllVcg[/video]

OldBeechnut said:
Nothing I have would touch that...........She looks like a good drysander.......I would like to see a At Pro Gold in the next test, I have a few friends that say they are good with small chains...it's a single Frequency also, 18kHz.. How is the DTG near or in the saltwater?

Hey Barry,
I think a few detectors Ive used would hit that chain in dry sand. Those would be an MXT, F75(in all metal), AT Pro and AT Gold, Tesoros Vaquero and Tejon, Shadow X5 and possibly an Minelab Xterra 70 with the high freq eliptical coil and in prospecting mode.

That Vista gold you have there is pretty impressive, does it work fairly silent in the wet sand? Or is it more like a dedicated gold machine that wont work there, kinda like a Gold Bug.

Hi Neil,
Not really suited for wet salt water sand...it's a non-ferrous picker in saturated iron...we will try the AT gold...how deep will those other machines hit is the question...I'd love to see the tests...

Check out the DeepTech Gold's ability to separate in iron on this video:

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kC1V7sN-AKI[/video]

Neil said:
Hey Barry,
I think a few detectors Ive used would hit that chain in dry sand. Those would be an MXT, F75(in all metal), AT Pro and AT Gold, Tesoros Vaquero and Tejon, Shadow X5 and possibly an Minelab Xterra 70 with the high freq eliptical coil and in prospecting mode.

That Vista gold you have there is pretty impressive, does it work fairly silent in the wet sand? Or is it more like a dedicated gold machine that wont work there, kinda like a Gold Bug.

Sorry....the CTX 3030....well.......we didn't want anyone to cry so.......................

I really don't see the AT Gold doing as well, dang shame the DTG can't handle salt water......

Just barely got it literally almost touching it when the chain was on the surface...

We love the CTX so we decided to exclude it from the video...

I should have said 3 machines..

Hey Barry,

My primary detectors now are the Sov and Explorers by minelab, never used the CTX. I dont think those would touch that chain unless the connecting link has some larger size to it. I also use an AT Gold and have found gold earring backs with it, no problem, and thats a small target right there. On depths I cannot say, I dont do the tests your doing but would say all the smaller stuff comes up in the first scoop.
Those sovs and explorers will certainly jump down deep on gold rings and the like in dry or wet sand......that small stuff certainly needs a special machine and that special machine apparently still hasnt been made that can do both wet/dry.

It would be nice to see DeepTech come out with a Dual Freq machine similar to the CZ's only using different freq's than the CZ line ..... and make it so it can handle the wet salt sand ....With it's ability to deal with iron masking , this would be the cat's meow !!.....Jim

Would like to see the X-Terra 705 with one of the 18.75kHz coils in this test (first video test) with it in standard mode and 'beach' mode to see how it does on that chain.

You can shure see the difrence khz makes, on finding small stuff, on one of your last videos i was also Impressed with the AT gold , but it is so clear that Vista is another special machine, and seems to out perform them all . Glad you are selling them as somday I would like to get the Vista Gold ,

I have an X-Terra 705 with the 18.75 coil - but it's brand new in the box and for sale - so we didn't use it...if you want send over your 705 and we'll include it in the tests...PM me for the address.

BH_Landstar_ said:
Would like to see the X-Terra 705 with one of the 18.75kHz coils in this test (first video test) with it in standard mode and 'beach' mode to see how it does on that chain.

Barry Extreme Detecting said:
I have an X-Terra 705 with the 18.75 coil - but it's brand new in the box and for sale - so we didn't use it...if you want send over your 705 and we'll include it in the tests...PM me for the address.

BH_Landstar_ said:

:crylol:

Thats OK. but I think I will decline on that, my 705 does not leave this house without me !

An X-Terra 70 is quite capable of detecting a gold chain on a wet ocean beach with a 18.75kHz coil, I did it some time back and posted a picture on several forums.
Picture contain an X-Terra/coil combination not allowed to be shown here. :shrug:

When searching an ocean beach with an X-Terra 70/705, especially when small gold items is the target......... we use it as when gold prospecting........in prospecting mode, all the way to the water edge and in shallow water.

ivanll

May sound odd but I would give the tesoro lobo super trac my vote on finding small thin chains . reason I say this is I have found B.B. sized gold earrings at 4 inches with it in the dry sand no problem.