Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

things every detectorists should have with them...

Sounds like some of you ladies are getting ready for a day at the beach. Why don't you consider taking up metal detecting to pass the time ???

I used to forget to take "common sense" with me. One time my wife had to come get me when it was raining and lightning popping around me. Another time I walked into a field after 3 straight days of rain. All of a sudden I was almost 18" deep in mud. Getting back to "safe" ground I lost one of my Wolverine slip on boots in the muck. I left it there and dug it out about 4-5 days later. It was filled with mud. Another time was trying to move a small limb with a rather large rattle snake coiled around one of the smaller limbs. Oh well, the list goes on. I'm sure my precious wife thought she had married a total idiot.

I do keep water bottles and a couple of clean rags. Lots sharp objects in the ground. Gloves if you can stand wearing them.
I never detect without gloves.
Mine are a sticky safety glove. A kind of nylon with rubber palman fingers. Very comfy. Hardly know I'm wearing them. I wear a size 10 but prefer size 8. Skin tight without any discomfort. I don't like lose gloves.
I've numerous electoral flash's wearing these.
Never burned a hole in them.
Make awesome driving gloves too.

Attachments

• IMG_20230815_122745.jpg
    IMG_20230815_122745.jpg
    2.2 MB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20230815_122740.jpg
    IMG_20230815_122740.jpg
    3.8 MB · Views: 66