Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Think im the only 24k user here!

Smigo

Anyway. Im liking it. Found other stuff with it but here is from this week in OZ. No not wizard of OZ.... Australia. 😆
These are some of the areas I hunt and some of my finds. Not ground breaking stuff but great fun regardless.
Below around just .1 to .2 in pyrites.
IMG_20221202_151922_403~2.jpg

Two small species. Best around half a gram in it the other probably .1
IMG_20221130_153720_808~2.jpg

Another little bit around between .1 to .2

IMG_20221130_154008_870~2.jpg

The areas I go.

IMG_20221130_112029_868~2.jpg

IMG_20221202_131048_072~2.jpg

Old inn between places now used as a B&B type thing.
IMG_20221130_162236_611~2.jpg

Anyway. Im liking it. Found other stuff with it but here is from this week in OZ. No not wizard of OZ.... Australia. 😆
These are some of the areas I hunt and some of my finds. Not ground breaking stuff but great fun regardless.
View attachment 33192

View attachment 33193

View attachment 33194
The areas I go.

View attachment 33196
View attachment 33197
Old inn between places now used as a B&B type thing.View attachment 33198
No you are not the only user of the 24K I also use one here in Arizona U.S I also Like the 24K a lot very smooth running Gold VLF, I sold my GM 1000 and purchased the 24K

No you are not the only user of the 24K I also use one here in Arizona U.S I also Like the 24K a lot very smooth running Gold VLF, I sold my GM 1000 and purchased the 24K
Good to hear. I struggled to find any info here on it so thought there were no other users. Id love to see a few more coils for it. Say a round 8" or 10" mono, reckon that'd be good if they could get one working.
One thing bugs me here in Australia though is that Garrett will not bring any skid plates here for the coils.
Iv tried to get one for the 10x6 but nothing here in either Garrett or old Whites coils and nobody from the US or any other country will sell and ship one to me. I hate not having the cover in jagged quartz areas, the base gets gouged too easily.
Anyway good luck out there.

Good to hear. I struggled to find any info here on it so thought there were no other users. Id love to see a few more coils for it. Say a round 8" or 10" mono, reckon that'd be good if they could get one working.
One thing bugs me here in Australia though is that Garrett will not bring any skid plates here for the coils.
Iv tried to get one for the 10x6 but nothing here in either Garrett or old Whites coils and nobody from the US or any other country will sell and ship one to me. I hate not having the cover in jagged quartz areas, the base gets gouged too easily.
Anyway good luck out there.
Yes I have also been trying to get coil covers for mine also cannot find them any where here in the U.S I do have the 10x6 inch coil and also picked up a 6 inch round coil for mine was also given a second 6 inch round coil so I now have two 6 inch coils and the 6x10 inch for the 24K all the whites cols for the 24K works on the Garrett 24K, I have been searching for the 14x8 whites coil and also the 4x6 inch whites coil that worked on the GMX the coils that worked on the GMX also work on the Garrett and Whites 24K, I do wish Garrett would add a few more coils for the Garrett 24K but I am not holding my breath until they do just a heads up that Whites 24K 6 inch coil is very hot I put it on my Garrett 24K and it has not come off since if you do not have the 6 inch round coil you should get one again it is a very very hot coil

The coils are all inter changeable between the GMX, Whites 24K and Garrett 24K they all three run 48KHz

Yes I have also been trying to get coil covers for mine also cannot find them any where here in the U.S I do have the 10x6 inch coil and also picked up a 6 inch round coil for mine was also given a second 6 inch round coil so I now have two 6 inch coils and the 6x10 inch for the 24K all the whites cols for the 24K works on the Garrett 24K, I have been searching for the 14x8 whites coil and also the 4x6 inch whites coil that worked on the GMX the coils that worked on the GMX also work on the Garrett and Whites 24K, I do wish Garrett would add a few more coils for the Garrett 24K but I am not holding my breath until they do just a heads up that Whites 24K 6 inch coil is very hot I put it on my Garrett 24K and it has not come off since if you do not have the 6 inch round coil you should get one again it is a very very hot coil

The coils are all inter changeable between the GMX, Whites 24K and Garrett 24K they all three run 48KHz
Yes I got the 6" shipped from Serious Detecting USA and a cover for it from another state here in Australia. Unfortunately they dont have the cover for the 10x6.
These guys do though. They have the 10x6 but wont sell or ship to me here in Australia. I don't get why, I even offered to pay double its price, still no. Pains me to see they have them, I want and need one but can't buy it. 😕

View attachment 33192

View attachment 33193

View attachment 33194
The areas I go.

View attachment 33196
View attachment 33197
Old inn between places now used as a B&B type thing.not
Wow ..
It was always my understanding that pyrite would set off a metal detector.🤔

This newbie has a lot to learn🙂👍

Wow ..

These are gold with pyrites.
.4g with a pyrite cube embedded in it.
IMG_20221204_140042_271~2.jpg

This below was a pyrite hollow sort of ball inside quartz, I manged to keep this bit intact, the other didn't survive the hammer. It to has gold in it.
IMG_20221204_135903_325~2.jpg

Another gold with pyrites specimen.
IMG_20221204_135708_942~2.jpg

They were found several years ago with an XTerra.

Wow ..

some pyrite does set off a detector just like some rocks do it just really depend on its composition especially a high frequency gold detector

Yes I got the 6" shipped from Serious Detecting USA and a cover for it from another state here in Australia. Unfortunately they dont have the cover for the 10x6.
These guys do though. They have the 10x6 but wont sell or ship to me here in Australia. I don't get why, I even offered to pay double its price, still no. Pains me to see they have them, I want and need one but can't buy it. 😕
yea I do not understand why Garrett did not include coil covers but they did not I believe whites did include coil covers with the 24K, i also like the Garrett 24K it is probably the smoothest running VLF detector I own on the ground I detect

...hot rocks ...or pieces of meteorites 👍
..(yup ...I'm learning 🙂).
if you want a detector that balances out a lot of the hot rocks the 24K which was initially made by whites, then whites went out of business after producing the 24K and then Garrett purchased Whites the only detector in the whites lineup that Garrett continued producing is the 24K so far the only downside of the Garrett 24K is they only have 1 coil for the 24K at this time but all the coils that worked on the Whites 24K will still work on the Garrett 24K also the GMX sport coils will work but they are extremely hard to find I have two of the 6 inch coils that was for the whites 24K and also the 6x10 inch coil that comes with the Garrett 24K, I have been trying to find the 4x6 inch coil that came with the GMX sport and also the 14x8 coil which could be purchased separately for the Whites 24K if I can ever locate those other two coils I will be pretty set with coils on the Garrett 24K

I do think the 24K would be an excellent meteor detector just my opinion though, as I do not detect for meteorites would not even know what one looked like if I were to detect one

Id love to see a few more coils for it. Say a round 8" or 10" mono, reckon that'd be good if they could get one working.
Sòrry, but they don't make a 'mono' coil for a VLF detector. Only Concentric or Double-D types. A 'mono', or single-winding coil, can be used on a BFO or PI detector.

Monte

Sòrry, but they don't make a 'mono' coil for a VLF detector. Only Concentric or Double-D types. A 'mono', or single-winding coil, can be used on a BFO or PI detector.

Monte
Ahh, ok. I never knew monos wouldn't work on a vlf. Cheers.

Ahh, ok. I never knew monos wouldn't work on a vlf. Cheers.
hey Smigo I was able to pick up a 14x8 inch coil for my Garrett 24K which gives more depth on the Nuggets runs really smooth also on mineralized ground but man that 14x8 adds a lot of weight to the 24K

View attachment 33192

View attachment 33193

View attachment 33194
The areas I go.

View attachment 33196
View attachment 33197
Old inn between places now used as a B&B type thing.View attachment 33198
That's a really nice looking reef.
Has it been worked or just decomposing ?

was able to finally find the 4x6 coil for the Garrett 24K, I now have all four coils for the 24K great price on it also have been trying to locate that little coil for months persistence finally paid off, just goes to show you persistence pays off when you set your mind too it.
That's a really nice looking reef.
Has it been worked or just decomposing ?
sent you a PM