Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thinking of getting a ctx

Meditech

I'm really thinking about getting a ctx, I own and love a etrac I am just wondering if there is that much of a difference to make the leap? Or should I wait for the ctx's predecessor and get that in a few years or whenever that is

ctx 3030 has the following benefits over the etrac:

1. waterproof
2. perfectly balanced
3. customizable tone bins
4. upgradable firmware
5. gps
6. wireless headphones
7. faster recovery

some people still prefer the etrac or explorer due to their unique sound (silver warble) that is gone in the ctx 3030.

If you could use a CTX from a friend or a local club member ( if possible ) that would sure help you with your decision. Run by the house and you can try mine out. I do feel certain you will not regret getting a CTX 3030. I still have my E-Trac and several coils to go with it but the E-Trac needed a rest and is still resting. Good luck with whatever decision you make. HH :minelab:

Feel free to give me a call with questions! Love to help. I have some amazing deals on them right now for findmall members! :thumbup:

dougj7 summed it up perfectly, but one of the major differences between the Etrac and the CTX is running it through trashy areas. We've compared several machines in a test garden (planning a non controlled comparison dig the end of this week) and the CTX picked up targets that the other machines couldn't find from iron masking. In our book it's worth a second look for sure.

I have been using it since it came out. I had quite a bit of time on the E-Trac and loved it but, once I got the CTX and started understanding it, I really felt it was much better.. I ended up selling my E-trac and definitely have not regretted it.. Its faster, better(almost like a laser) at id'ing in trash, the depth meter seems to be a little more accurate after you get past the 4inch mark, of course the water proof feature should be on every detector now but isn't so that's a definite plus for me, the balance of weight between the two machines is drastic.. If you swing the CTX for an hour or two then pick up the E-Trac, the Trac feels awkward.. That is another big difference to me.. It may be just me but the iffy tones that you could sometimes pull silver out with on the E-Trac aren't there on the CTX.. If I can't get it to repeat left to right, right to left and it be a strong sig, then it 9 times out of 10 is trash.. I also love the Gps feature.. most don't but this spring and summer made the difference in the relic hunts on a spot I have hunted for several years... I pulled more good finds missed because I was able to concentrate on the "missed" spots in those few months than I did in 2 years...I hunted woods that were full of brush, switch cane, and briars and to try and cover ever foot with out a guide(gps) was not possible... I know there are more people who have experience on the two so there will be more said..
Evan
Gonehunting for History

Yeah if you can't use the Search function then the CTX is definetly over your head.........................................................................JUST KIDDING, some people get bent out of shape about repeat questions, I don't I just have a twisted sense of humor. The differences are stated above and I have nothing to add but this, had an Etrac and used and loved that thing for 3 years, got the CTX and Silver finds improved drastically in quantity but more importantly in Quality!! I have found much more quality finds hunting the same places and same kinds of places with the CTX, if you can afford it, I say UPGRADE!!!!