Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thinking of getting a new detector, Equinox 600

Hi, I have a White's MX7, I like it, but want to try something different. I live in an old farm house, and mostly just detect around my house....I have no other places to go. There is tons of iron here, and I have to use the 6 inch coil on my White's, to sort through the iron. For some reason, I have never found a coin older than 1940 here, and the house has been here since the 1860's, possibly 1850's. I would like to see how the 600 would do, I am on a budget, so the price of the 600 is about my limit....I found one on Amazon with two coils for $600. Any tips, suggestions, advice welcome.

The Equinox 600 is an outstanding detector and I'm sure you will be happy with it. However, for the same price or less there are couple other options to consider. The Xp Orx is a beast in iron and a lightly used Deus 1 can be purchased in your price range too. A new Nokta Legend pro pack is in your price range and its capabilities are more in line with the Equinox 800. Their are so many great detectors out their it's hard to make a bad choice. Good luck with your decision.

I saw your post on another forum and replied there as well but.....to be honest I would seek out the legend myself over the eq600.

Due to the fact of the single freq use of 4 10 15 20 and 40 on the legend is selectable along with multi freq where as the eq600 is only 5 10 15 selectable single freq when not using multi iq.

Plus the legend is built better.

If it were the new generation of equinox unit I would say go for that instead due to the better build quality of the 2nd generation eq and depth perfomance using the smaller coils compared to the legend.

Richard at backwoods posted a 700 in the classifieds today. Buying used can be a good route to go, more affordable, and still have peace of mind if there is warranty left. Sometimes it just takes some patience for the right deal to come along, whether that is a detector or accessory.

As for the 600, I'm sure that would be great too compared to your MX7! GL

Oh, it wil find silver coins. I recovered 2 Barber dimes with mine day before yesterday, which puts me at 47 thus far for the year. The last two days have been breaking in a new 900, so will see how it does. The 600, though, is a great device for its cost. HH jim tn

Hope you got one with warranty. The first generation Equinox were plagued with build quality problems. Broken ears on coil. leaking control housing, broken arm cuffs, wobbling shafts.
My died was never used underwater yet the control unit died. Unfortunately they can not fix them, only replace at at $350 !!!! Better be extra gentle with that machine as it's prone to break downs.

Best machine in heavy iron is an Xp Deus or ORX. So just in case the Equinox doesnt work for you, try an XP product. Built like a tank and super light weight besides being one of the best machines out there with a 5 year warranty.

HH
Donna(NJ)

Hi, I have a White's MX7, I like it, but want to try something different. I live in an old farm house, and mostly just detect around my house....I have no other places to go. There is tons of iron here, and I have to use the 6 inch coil on my White's, to sort through the iron. For some reason, I have never found a coin older than 1940 here, and the house has been here since the 1860's, possibly 1850's. I would like to see how the 600 would do, I am on a budget, so the price of the 600 is about my limit....I found one on Amazon with two coils for $600. Any tips, suggestions, advice welcome.
The bad thing about amazon and ebay is you do not know if you are getting the real thing or a Chinese fake (and Teknetics puts out a warning they have no authorized dealers on amazon.) And if you get a fake there is no warranty. Richard Robinson is a multiline dealer and will meet or beat anyone's price and is known for his honesty and is a finds sponsored dealer. Some brands like ML & Garrett offer a 15% discount if you are a vet also. Just call him up and chat: he always has some good preowned detectors too.

Attachments

• Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 01-32-51 Find a Dealer.png
    Screenshot 2023-06-02 at 01-32-51 Find a Dealer.png
    27 KB · Views: 67
Thanks ya'll, but I got it from a reputable dealer, he has a place on Amazon, and a website of his own....no fakes, full warranty etc...
Yes, it came with the 11" and the 6" DD coils
And you know he is reputable how, because he said so? Call the maker and check serial number and warranty. AS I STATED, because people are listed on amazon does not
signify legitimacy and that something is not counterfeit.

Oh, I forgot, I was just born yesterday, so I don't know how to tell reputable dealers from fakers....I've only been on the internet for 26 years, gee.....it was also on sale... now it cost $178 more. Maybe I better check that out too, it might have been TOO cheap :rolleyes:

Check with Richard at backwoods as I am sure he will steer you in the right direction. I just got a Minelab Equinox 800 and am happy with it. I was afraid of the Chinese knock-off or copies of the minlab I read about so I went with new. I know that what ever choice you make will be the right one as you are doing your research first.

Thank you, but I've already purchased it....got a good deal. $600 for detector and 6" coil
You might want to think about getting the wireless headphones for the 600, I bought the minelab headphones for mine but I have read that other cheaper wireless headphones work with the equinox as well. I love not being tied to the machine with that cable! The 6" coil gets great depth for it's size.