Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thinking of going back to the AT platform

and if he thought there was a better detector he would get it. when his group went to England last year they took along the garrett pi detectors but most of the time they used the AT series.....I believe he uses the Max......but his coil has been upgraded. And he knows how to use it. try watching his videos and see if you can glimpse the setting he uses...

No reason to justify anything..I have yet to see anyone go to a non Garrett forum and try to convince someone to buy a at pro..It just don’t happen..Ole Calabash does this on every forum,I think he enjoys the action and could probably find a argument in church.lol..It’s funny how other companies are just now catching up to the At pro and guys act like it’s always been that way..lmao

I guess we got on Calabash's nerves cause he just released another AT Pro bashing video...lol.
He says " I tried shooting this video 25 times " Later in the video he says he would find more but " I have a limited amount of time " I think he tries to make himself look more knowledgeable by talking down to others. I think that is his agenda and he has a right to do so. I don't think that people that concentrate on treasure hunting try to shoot the same video 25 times.

I've had top of the line detectors and low budget detectors and everything in the middle,,,.and found great finds with all of them,,Its all about location and putting the time in to get out there and using what you have,,,

When he said “25 times” this was a purposefully strong exaggeration to get a point across. You can also consider it “artistic license”...the viewer can not prove or disprove what is being presented. Like him or hate him, he sure is passionate about his cause. Part of his cause is showing that while some operators claim that their machine can do what his favorite machine does, they indeed cannot. He is trying hard to SHOW this to educate people with actual video evidence. His “flip phone vs Iphone“ example was perfect...although some people don’t NEED an IPhone for their purposes. He’s showing what you CAN have, should one choose to have it.

Been at it for some time now and learned early on that the three most important things in successful detecting, and in this order are:

1. Location

2. Education

3. Equipment

There are many less important variables but these three will fill your goody bag!

GeoW

Spot on Geo. Number 2 and 3 true to a point at which tech actually does eclipse a great operators ability to use their older stuff....but overall...agreed. Something I need to point out also, is that the ATPro is running an 8.5” WIDE coil, while the EQX is an 11” coil. Back to the “conventional wisdom” that the WIDTH of a certain coil has much to do with the depth it will achieve...this will have something to do with overall depth, but not the ”iron next to coin” test. THAT is the one that should draw attention.

I never used an AT Pro or the AT Gold.
I do have the AT Max - I see it is a Deep Unit.
I would say "Use what you have confidence in. The one you understand." You will do great.
I no longer get the point of trying to make this a competition hobby or criticizing someone's choice of detector.
To me that seems to take the joy out of it.

Spot on Geo. Number 2 and 3 true to a point at which tech actually does eclipse a great operators ability to use their older stuff....but overall...agreed. Something I need to point out also, is that the ATPro is running an 8.5” WIDE coil, while the EQX is an 11” coil. Back to the “conventional wisdom” that the WIDTH of a certain coil has much to do with the depth it will achieve...this will have something to do with overall depth, but not the ”iron next to coin” test. THAT is the one that should draw attention.

okay IDXMonster, your searchcoil comment brings up a subject I have asked about but never received a good answer (not on this forum). I have been looking at NEL coils, the std coil on the Etrac is 11" DD, but 11" in both directions. N EL has a coil that is 12x8, so that wont go as deed as the stock 11"?

[QUOTE="Quake, post:
jealous much :rolleyes:

Yep, you got me! Just wish I could be a bully and always wanted to be in the circus. Maybe someday😔

Can't hurt his feelings I don't believe. I will have mine out for a few more days working a hard hit spot. Had the 12" concentric on mine yesterday and recovered 3 silver dimes, a small busted sterling ring and 3 wheat cents, of consequence. HH jim tn

I took the At Pro out today and found a 14K ring. The bent one with the ark.
IMG_0481.JPG