Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This Crap Has To Stop

Yeah, they were rerunning some episodes on Spike last night and now I know what everbody is worried about. If they keep showing this series we can forget about relic hunting. What's with RS? I've seen his column on spotting fakes and I thought the guy had his act together, but geez....

Another words I should have shot and killed the Minelab Etrac digger that was digging the worst looking holes and plugs last week in park.And he said he belonged to the local metal detecting club! HUH?

[size=medium]I'm only 6 months into this hobby and for most of that time I was only detector in this area. I spent my first 3 days digging canslaw and scrap in a field across the street from my house. I was already a member of this and another forum before I got my MD, so I knew what to do as far as digging plugs and flaps and practiced Until I had the repairs also down well. I can't remember if Minelab has a manual page with mention of Code of ethics, But I do know that Fisher and Tesoro Manuals do! I think a good Idea would be for every manufacturer to have a code of ethics page and a recovery and repair page that they force people to read when they try to register their detector, Make it a requirement that can void a warranty before it even starts! We now have a few more detectors here in my area and I have seen the terrible repairs and big brown spots left in a nice well kept local Park! a short while back I was emptying my small pouch of scraps and debris at the Parks totlot area garbage can, I happened to look in the can and there was what looked like a dug up old Carb! (I can't spell it) Called the person I was pretty sure did it and tried making fun of him so he would get the message! It's just total lack of common sense or No Upbringing, this case was the no common sense issue! ,,,,,,GL & HH Pat [/size]

plidn1 said:
The only change I made with that technique is instead of a ground cloth, I use a cheap, shallow PLASTIC 10" gold pan to place the dirt into that comes out of the plug. That way you can scan the pan across your detector coil while it's laying next to you to find your target. When you are done with the hole, you can fill your hole back up with no spillage. I never lose a target this way and have found multiple targets in the same hole. When not in use, it hangs from a cord over the handle of my digger on my belt.

X2. i use a cheap frisbee, i drilled a hole in it and added a clip so i can clip/un-clip it off my belt loop. works great.also, on the slobs, too many watching american diggers buying detectors thinking they'll make big bucks, what's next, back-hoes?:ranting: