Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This detector can see coins through iron!! FACT it happen three times today!!

2 of the wheats were under a crown cap about 2", the screw was beside the silver dime and the the quater was under a piece of rust junk all broke apart!! I really think they got a winner here.. I hunted by sound in multi tone after the first 45-50 min. and the coins were coming in loud and clear!! All the targets were under 6-7 inches

n/t

You are misunderstanding matters, but who cares!

As long as you are happy, then that's all that matters.......MattR.UK.

Enjoy a great detector

MattR said:

Enjoy a great detector

yes it does see through iron

MattR said:

Enjoy a great detector
Perhaps you will enlighten us with your infinte wisdom and knowledge of the E-Trac.We all know it will not see through a solid piece of sheet iron and no one is making that claim that I am aware of,Ray.

Ray-Mo. said:
MattR said:

Enjoy a great detector
Perhaps you will enlighten us with your infinte wisdom and knowledge of the E-Trac.We all know it will not see through a solid piece of sheet iron and no one is making that claim that I am aware of,Ray.

Everyone is aware it can't see through sheet steel, however it does have incredible separation capabilities, possibly better than any other machine on the market.

I know what I have found in the field, when tested side by side with my Whites XLT its the ET that continues to detect a coin that has been buried next to a large rusty nail.

infinte wisdom no, actual facts yes.

Hello Ray.

May I begin by using your reply to this matter of whether the E-trac or any of the other detectors quoted, can SEE THROUGH IRON

The capitalised words are the basis of this debate, not the distorted and imaginative variety of scenarios quoted by others.

I chose to reply to you because it is very obvious that you think before you comment.

Firstly; I accept and endorse your statement.100 %

Why?

Because you don't claim, like the others, that the E-TRAC is 'SEEING THROUGH', but rather that IT IS SEPARATING ferrous from non-ferrous.

********************************************​

Ray's statement:-

Everyone is aware it can't see through sheet steel, however it does have incredible separation capabilities, possibly better than any other machine on the market.

I know what I have found in the field, when tested side by side with my Whites XLT its the ET that continues to detect a coin that has been buried next to a large rusty nail.

********************************************************​

The debate is taking on many facets, which all add to the confusion.

The replies that I find interesting are those of the forum members who posses 3 dimensional X-ray vision, but no scientific knowledge about the behavior of alternating currents, and how they behave in the real world. This leads them, in their ignorance,to make silly claims and statements, that are incorrect.

The Minelab E-Trac doesn't need the kind of enthusiastic clap-trap of 'seeing through iron', to justify its excellent functionalities.

The E-trac has excellent capabilities of 'seeing' or more suitably stated, separating, some non-ferrous objects which are suitably displaced from nearby ferrous items.

THAT IS NOT WHAT IS MEANT BY [size=large]"SEEING THROUGH"[/size]....IRON.

<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<**>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

To the other gentlemen who prefer to follow their own ideas of how the Etrac 'sees through iron', I have no wish or desire to argue.

Instead, may I recommend that you go back to your school books, and revise the notes you so obviously failed to comprehend, on the laws of magnetism...especially the bits that deal with alternating fields and current.

There is an old saying, "That ignorance is bliss". So be happy, and enjoy your E-Trac....SIMPLY THE BEST.............MattR.UK..

I should have thought before I stated see through!! When in fact there are targets laying in CLOSE amongst iron targets, the E-trac is super good about seperating the good from the bad!! Please forgive me for being excited about what I had seen happen and misrepresenting my thoughts to you by using a misleading post :surrender: I stand corrected!!

Take Care, M.L. Hinds (Lee)

M.L. Hinds said:
I should have thought before I stated see through!! When in fact there are targets laying in CLOSE amongst iron targets, the E-trac is super good about seperating the good from the bad!! Please forgive me for being excited about what I had seen happen and misrepresenting my thoughts to you by using a misleading post :surrender: I stand corrected!!

Take Care, M.L. Hinds (Lee)

Why shouldn't Lee post about his exiting day? no one else was worried by his wording and we all understand what he was meaning by seeing through iron.

Lee should be given encouragement on here when he posts , not slammed about the words he chose for his heading.

Keep your posts coming Lee I enjoy reading them.

MattR said:
Hello Ray.

Ray's statement:-

********************************************************​

No not Ray's statement, Rigit's statement :confused:

n/t