Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This is a first for me in this area.....

George-CT

I've heard a lot of horse people mention them, but this is the first one that I've seen a picture of.

George-CT

Subject:

Subject: Mountain Lion in Sharon

A few weeks ago our friends in Sharon, CT mentioned that they had seen lion tracks in the snow on their deck behind the house. They live on Sharon Mountain just south of, and overlooking Cornwall. Then a few days ago they mentioned that one of their neighbors across the road had seen a lion in the driveway in front of their house. About an hour ago they sent the pictures below. The last picture is behind their house where I think they first saw the tracks. This is one pretty good sized cat. His apparent lack of fear or respect for people makes for an uncomfortable feeling when you go outside in the middle of the day. He appears to be in good condition.

I suspect that the snow and lack of food has driven him down to the populated areas. Your friends need to contact the wild life folks and see if thay can trap it. I would not be going outside without a firearm. Kelley (Texas) :)

it doesn't seem concerned at the least about being around humans, my guess would be that it was somebody's pet. Boys from the hood keep big cats around their drug dens to protect them and some times when finished they just take them out and dump them. Maybe not but that is my guess.

It would be a thrill though to see one

he just does not have the look. He would likely make a snack out of a housecat, a Poodle or a fat lil Spaniel though:biggrin:

Those big cats really rebounded. well, I guess pretty much all wildlife has to a point..we are just now getting the wild hogs up here in mich, and the bear population is growing, just a few cougars but dang, I would have never thought of having cougar here in the state...what has crashed around here are the muskrats, due to the Argentine grass taking over the cattail swamps..loss of habitat, means no critters. As far as dangerous, big cats attack and kill more people than bears and wolves combined (its almost impossible to find a verified wolf attack)...and whitetail deer in the rut kill more people than anything else.....one thing, its pretty creepy blowing a predator call when big cats are in the area...that hair on the back of a fellers neck is there for a reason! Beauty pics Geo!

It looks like a big, beautiful stray cat. If that cat was in Texas, I'll bet Kelley would feed him and let in the house when it was raining. But I'll also bet that Kelley would not get his computer chair back if that wanted to sit in it. :)

Great pics George!

Bob cats and black bears have been seen a few times not far from the small town I live in. Its a military reservation with dense cover, closed to the public and a perfect preserve for critters too. Couger and black bears both can travel many miles after food in a day.

I wouldn't want to have pets or small children around that cat!

CJ

if it was up here, and that close, ..... well.. let's say I would not have any further problems. I would call our Farrier, who has cougar hounds, and the problem would go away.

Fair winds

Micheal

up the road from them, had been ripped apart by one. My understanding was the horse was sick and down to start with and in the morning, that was the result.
They called the state DEP people who flat out said, no big cats in CT. They said, but look at the tracks etc, nope, none here. so this was what they were after was proof. The state claims, they if the recognize them they have to set aside protected lands for them. If in fact they had developed a taste for horses and where here, that close, it would still be there shortly after minus a heart beat. I really think they are beautiful but not so much when they put my animals on their menu. If they were not bothering pets or livestock, I'd love to see them passing thru. I saw the one you got bac a year or so ago in the back of your truck. He looked thin, so you could understand him hunting in that close, but this one, looks great and looks like he is waiting to come in your house for a dish of milk.

Geo

be able to hunt that area and in the Nehantic State Forest for deer way back when. Plenty of woods there. Geo-CT

Washington State says also. He unts out behind Mt St. Helens for Elk and says the cats are there. He gets that same feeling walking the woods or even on his quad. Guess they are not to fussy what they leap on if it concerns food. He used to sleep in tents but the wardens warned him against it so he gets his camper in close as he can and uses it for base camp. They black powder hunt there. He has a handicap permit so can use his quad to move about on that 10,000 track of land set aside for handicap hunters.

Geo

n/t