Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This is the V3i machine?!?

GoVidGo

I just got in my brand new V3i with wireless headphones today.
I am not 'brand loyal' to any company. I am 'performance loyal'.
I have never had a White's machine and kinda skipped over them for the other detectors at different performance/$$$ levels over and over. It seemed to be the 'yeah they are American made and been around a while, but that box under the arm and how good can they really be?'
I hunted last year with people who had an MXT Pro, Coinmaster, and SLT and they loved them.
I hunted almost every day last year, sometimes all day, and primarily with my Etrac the whole time (some spattering also with my AT Pro, T2, F2, Xterra 705, and a few others) but I hammered my Etrac into the ground. I can run through every menu... drunk... in the dark...without looking... to 100% accuracy and got to know all 30 audio tones in my head... even when I sleep. I wanted a new machine for 2013. My friends are like 'why would you switch now?'.
Why would I switch? Because it's all about fun... the challenge... and having a good time.
I decided to roll the dice and get a White's machine... and the V3i...
I got it in today...
It was packed well like many other detectors I have gotten
As I put it together, I noticed a lot of similarities... good ones... to other detectors I have had
Such as?
The poles reminded me a lot of the Xterra series poles. Light and tough. The cam locks were sweet. Much better than the AT Pro's cam locks in that they don't just tighten down, but actually tighten down to a 'lock'.
Just like my Etrac, it has both a rechargable pack and one for batteries. A sweet surprise was that White's filled it with batteries for me!
The grip is a lot like the Etrac's grip. Oval shaped with thin tight foam.
The screen on the V3i is absolutely amazing! Color and HD and crystal clear! They advertise 'adjustable brightness', but you can also adjust the font size and night mode type that kinda looks like my Garmin GPS when it switches to darkness and the screen colors/backround switch black/white.
I air tested for a few hours, and the pinpointing was 1" high of center coil and depth was spot on. I know this is nothing compared to 'real-ground' but it gave me some familiarity.
Response time is actually pretty close to my Etrac. I am not sure nothing will be as lightning fast as my T2 (AKA: F75 clone) but it's not a race, and I'll take the accuracy and data analysis over a drag race across a park. Less time digging garbage is more time digging treasure.
The options to customize... PLUS... show data are very very very impressive! I am a tweeker and customizer (I created the original Etrac Target Card and buffed Andy Sabich's park program) and love modifying. Just airtesting with the graphs I was easily able to see how I will be using them comparing juice to junk.
It was nice to see a $1700 detector set up for both the novice and the vet. Turn on and go programs -or- the customizable options of the whole detector. The owner's guide even has a beginner's section as well as an expert's section to cater to all detectorists.
The wireless headphones are very nice. round earpieces and over stuffed. Kinda like Garrett's headphones on steroids. The earphone plus the phone on the headpiece. Syncs perfectly for one word... 'wireless'...
I might have started out with White's top machine they have out right now, but today, I am glad I finally bought a White's machine....

You will find that it is by far the most advanced and user friendly detector on the market. With that being said some people make it much more difficult than it is.

It is also one of the fastest on the market. You can adjust the recovery delay to make the etrac look like it's standing still.

The Tek T2 was first. F75 platform was released later under the Fisher name ...:geek:

You will definately keep your mind in motion thinking about how to get the most out of the V3i for the sites you hunt. Looking forward to reading about your thoughts and results once you get some time with it. Congrats on your new arsenal addition! I agree with you on the ATP for the price point, great to have one around.
HH-Bruce

I think so, if you can use windows on your computer, I think anyone can use the Menu windows on the V3i. What is easier yet is the Live control window where just about any major changes can be made with the arrow keys and the Enter key.

I have used the computer menu example myself. There is no question it is user friendly.

I had some time today, and made my own custom park program. I have had the V3i, less than 2 weeks. I am pretty tech savy, but decided I wanted a combination of the 'common' program, the 'coin/jewelery' program, with a fast recovery speed, and 4 tones. It's what I used to like on my Etrac and am familiar with. It took me about an hour and I not only made it, but the small details like backround color of the screen, icon size, buttons-or-slides, etc. was amazing! if you like playinf around and customing stuff, the V3i is HOT HOT HOT!

It is user friendly in that I actually took it to a park, day 1, and ran thru some of the custom programs. They are great! Kinda like turn-on-and-go. maybe it's my personality, but I immediately needed changes for my hunt style and the location. If you can use Windows, you can use the V3i. I found out AFTER I started customizing, that clicking the toggle forward gived a HELP for what it is on! makes it even easier when you are on something and you wonder 'so what will happen if I change this?'

For the top-end detectors... I will say that the V3i is the most user friendly. I wrote the Etrac Target Card. I also put out many Etrac programs on their E-Exchange. I also did some demo videos for the Xterra 705, T2, and the AT Pro, and the V3i EASILY is more user friendly than any of those.

2 weeks for me. I can only imagine 6 months once I start digging into the filters and such...LOL

GoVidGo said:
I had some time today, and made my own custom park program. I have had the V3i, less than 2 weeks. I am pretty tech savy, but decided I wanted a combination of the 'common' program, the 'coin/jewelery' program, with a fast recovery speed, and 4 tones. It's what I used to like on my Etrac and am familiar with. It took me about an hour and I not only made it, but the small details like backround color of the screen, icon size, buttons-or-slides, etc. was amazing! if you like playinf around and customing stuff, the V3i is HOT HOT HOT!

It is user friendly in that I actually took it to a park, day 1, and ran thru some of the custom programs. They are great! Kinda like turn-on-and-go. maybe it's my personality, but I immediately needed changes for my hunt style and the location. If you can use Windows, you can use the V3i. I found out AFTER I started customizing, that clicking the toggle forward gived a HELP for what it is on! makes it even easier when you are on something and you wonder 'so what will happen if I change this?'

For the top-end detectors... I will say that the V3i is the most user friendly. I wrote the Etrac Target Card. I also put out many Etrac programs on their E-Exchange. I also did some demo videos for the Xterra 705, T2, and the AT Pro, and the V3i EASILY is more user friendly than any of those.

2 weeks for me. I can only imagine 6 months once I start digging into the filters and such...LOL

This is great to hear.:thumbup:

Just wait until you get a half dozen coils and start experimenting with them using single frequencies and finding which targets group best with each coil and filter. I think the v3i is ahead of its time by about 7 years, if it had launched with an 10x12 sef style coil Whites would have cornered the market immediately.

If you want a little heads up, run the mixed mode program or hi-pro.

I have a friend who was experimenting with deep silver, single frequency 2.5. He hit a repeatable signal in the 78-82 range, around 12" down he pulled out a 1844 seated quarter. If you have the patience to put up with falsing and checking every chirp with a little wiggle it can seriously pay off.

You are getting right on top of things Viddy.......:thumbup:

Since you mentioned the toggle forward text, you might be interested in the quick reference. When you are on a function that you want to know more about, press menu+zoom. Some of the quick refs have links to more information too.

Now take off that stock coil and put on either one of these incredible coils: the 4x6 and the 6x10 it will open up a whole new world !!

It all depends on your hunting style and site. Mortamus, you might be missing a whole world by only using those two coils. They are good coils and have their place but not for every site and not everybody. They certainly don't have the depth or the coverage that many of us need. I wouldn't use either on a beach or in a field. A well known buddy constantly out hunts me and owns neither. We are hunting relics and old coins mostly.