Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This Is What Keeps Dreams Going

If this Walter N. Dimmick stole the coins why didn't he recover them after he got out of prison? Maybe too risky? He already did his time for the crime, they couldn't send him back. Probably laws about spending the money? I couldn't find any information on him after his prison term.

I agree, they should have kept the information to themselves.

The people who found the treasure think they can protect themselves by remaining anonymous. But, with a treasure of this size it's impossible to remain anonymous. Somewhere, sometime, somehow, someone involved in this is going to spill the beans.

Then, people will come out of the woodwork trying to file lawsuits and claim the treasure. It will take years to settle the lawsuits and the legal bills will be substantial. After everything is settled and the lawyers are paid, there won't be much left.

Thanks for the insight Digger. I read the second article and found it interesting how security was in the SF Mint. Nowadays you can't hardly trust your own family let alone your co-workers unless there is some sort of friendly trusting "relationship" involved. That brings the suspicion of inside jobs. That is all hypothetical though. I need to scrounge up the time to read the first one since I am interested in the laws of specific dates that qualify for treasure troves.

Those people just need to mind their business. It is not like they found the stuff on their property or would have had it to start with without that couple stumbling onto it. The couple deserve the majority in my opinion.

Things are not going to be easy for this couple...http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2570203/EXCLUSIVE-Couple-10m-hoard-gold-coins-walking-dog-broke-law.html?iad

Does the words "Hard Evidence" mean anything? Looks as if they are ready to cast their stones with no right to do so.

All I have to say is that I wish I would have been the one to find this I bet no one would have known except my brother who metal detects (amazingly I must add)lol...This stuff would be sold different places so no one assumes anything then some may even be kept for my kids and there kids:devil: