Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This looks promising..... someone did water hunt with the Equinox.....

Bud-sc

Found this today.......I guess take with a grain of salt

[attachment 352585 Screenshot_20171206-212303-810x1665.jpg]

Why with a grain of salt? Why is this board full of skeptical, near-paranoid people? You don't have to believe the Equinox is god's gift to metal detectorists in order to believe it is capable of finding targets. Geez.

Tyber0z said:
Why with a grain of salt? Why is this board full of skeptical, near-paranoid people? You don't have to believe the Equinox is god's gift to metal detectorists in order to believe it is capable of finding targets. Geez.

Not talking about the machine itself. More on the report. There no video of the hunt.

Oz...... buddy we remember the CTX when it first came out lol. Different guy im sure. Dont know where this was ..... but it appears to be a fresh water hunt. Maybe the tester will say later....... but id sure like to hit that beach once.

Dew

That's kinda like asking someone how far it is to the nearest gas station and they answer, "not too far" :biggrin:

Greg (E.Tn) said:
That's kinda like asking someone how far it is to the nearest gas station and they answer, "not too far" :biggrin:
Or "you cant get there from here".

Big question is salt or fresh ? Dry or wet sand ?
Wont be getting one til mud season so we will see

73 Tom
LFOD !

Tyber0z said:

You kinda have to take everything on the internet with a grain of salt, no? This "report" of great results, while it sounds very promising, will mean way more when regular hunters (like you and I), start swinging it.

ML said:
Tyber0z said:

You kinda have to take everything on the internet with a grain of salt, no? This "report" of great results, while it sounds very promising, will mean way more when regular hunters (like you and I), start swinging it.

Trouble is that many people will have spent their money on it . And if they do beaches and it doesn't work on the salt wet then its wasted money .

I will get 1 machine with the 15 inch coil also and use it wherever it can work . If it works on the wet then all the better and maybe i will buy the second i want.

On a Facebook site there is a thread that talks about the machine and (Sorry i am not on Facebook) it says that a US bloke says that it doesn't match a CTX but does match the T2 .
It say nothing again ! about salt wet capability .
Its almost as if the testers and Minelab are worried about telling people its no better than the Garretts are and they are only really good in fresh water.

But being multi frequency the Equinox should be good on the salt wet and if anyone remembers the Fisher CZ7a (a supposed brilliant salt beach machine) , it has frequencies 5 and 15 and they are two of the frequencies that the Equinox has so maybe that points the way the Equinox will work ?

Some say there are lots of negative people on here and other forums but its no surprise when all we hear is silence or just a few details and hear nothing much about what testers think and nothing about beaches .
Minelab should know by now that most of their machines are brilliant on salt wet and many many people want to know how this one fares?
There are many people that are after lightweight and waterproof but could easily go to Garrett or other makes .

Its a pity that Minelab didn't hold off about this machine till they knew what the machine was like . Testers dont need to do their testing in public , there are plenty of fields and beaches that at some times through the year are quiet.

Its also a pity Codan bought Minelab , they went about chopping many of the older wiser staff and now i think they have lost their way with their potential customers .
I may see through their what looks like inexperience (Codans) but many might not and will drift .

Surely the Deus's success and maybe the Ace's and AT types prove that Minelab should never rest on their laurels.

If those were IN the water......would you have found them with the Xcal or CTX? I wouldnt thing a tester would be using a cheap machine and obviously has skills or they wouldnt be a tester. So......they most likely were using a ML water machine yes? If it was the Xcal or CTX..... they should have found this stuff......... if not then they seem to be saying this machine IS better than BBS or FBS.... or at least on a trashy fresh water beach.

Dew

If they are a tester then they if got an Equinox would test it. But without video its all pie in the sky.

Hopefully these testers do a more in depth job when it comes to the wet sand environment. The CTX was released and then required an upgrade (Saltwater) to stabilize the unit somewhat. I'm certain they will this time.

ML....... im told right now no one has waterproof headphones so this likely was a shallow hunt. Right now they dont even know if they will have different size coils or other headphones at the time of release. I think our concern should be ....... we get what works from the testers and not a watered down version of the software. Id say they learned from the CTX.... thats why its a closed box.

Its an 11 inch for both as standard on release

When ctx 3030 came out it was the same story . It was a wow machine , a lot of pictures of super finds. People it's just publicity!!!!!!

MEV said:
When ctx 3030 came out it was the same story . It was a wow machine , a lot of pictures of super finds. People it's just publicity!!!!!!

No, if it was "just publicity" then all the regular users wouldn't have been making finds with it. The exact opposite happened, The CTX proved out to be every bit as good as promised on land. It just needed a tweek to get it working great on salt beaches where it still works fabulous even today.

Mmmmm thats funny Jason , because right now all that super finds with equinox is from people that work with Minelab , just go to YouTube. I'm going to give only one example dr tones. Minelab pays $$$ him , it's his job to say equinox is a super machine, very easy to understand!!

MEV said:
Mmmmm thats funny Jason , because right now all that super finds with equinox is from people that work with Minelab , just go to YouTube. I'm going to give only one example dr tones. Minelab pays $$$ him , it's his job to say equinox is a super machine, very easy to understand!!

My point is that you are acting as if all of the reports are bald-faced lies. My point is that people have been dismissing pre-release models of minelabs , yet every new one of those past releases has proven out the claims as being 100% true.

Only fools believe every thing they read. I personally would take it with a pinch of salt at all the GOLD rings being found that were "missed" before..The metal detecting hobby is full of hoaxes!!