Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This looks promising..... someone did water hunt with the Equinox.....

"Five golden rings" , 4 calling birds,3 french hens, 2 turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree... nice finds.. looks like freshwater finds judging by lack of corrosion... except for the small rings any decent water detector would probably have found those finds but without details one can only speculate. .

bootyhoundpa said:
"Five golden rings" , 4 calling birds,3 french hens, 2 turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree... . .

LOL, thats funny right thar!

bootyhoundpa said:
"Five golden rings" , 4 calling birds,3 french hens, 2 turtle doves and a partridge in a pear tree... nice finds.. looks like freshwater finds judging by lack of corrosion... except for the small rings any decent water detector would probably have found those finds but without details one can only speculate. .

LOL . . . . My browser seems to be missing some pics. Where is the partridge in a pear tree?

:crylol:

Rich (Utah)

Bud-sc said:
Found this today.......I guess take with a grain of salt

[attachment 352585 Screenshot_20171206-212303-810x1665.jpg]

Take it from me that the Equinox works very well on the salt wet in surf or wet sand . Cant go into details , cant wait now.

Nuke em said:
Bud-sc said:

Take it from me that the Equinox works very well on the salt wet in surf or wet sand . Cant go into details , cant wait now.

It is Sunday! We have time! You can explain first, then we will decide

Dave

midalake said:
Nuke em said:
Bud-sc said:

Dave

No, he cant go into details because the info comes from a tester who doesnt want to be quoted without prior approval.

OK Got it. More hogwash.

Dave

Jason in Enid said:
midalake said:
Nuke em said:
Bud-sc said:

Dave

No, he cant go into details because the info comes from a tester who doesnt want to be quoted without prior approval.

midalake said:
Nuke em said:
Bud-sc said:

Dave

Cant post on here stuff i have heard on another site . But anyone doubting the Equinox's capability on salt wet can stop worrying . Thats all i can say .

midalake said:
OK don't post it...post the site!

It is a violation of findmall rules to link or list any other metal detecting forum

Jason in Enid said:
midalake said:
OK don't post it...post the site!

It is a violation of findmall rules to link or list any other metal detecting forum

Yes .Going by what i read sometime last week on a thread.

:unsure:
I perceive a crying need for increased dietary fiber. Come on it's Christmas.

[attachment 352902 InternetTruth.jpg]

Sorry--don't have a lot of patience for the "half-baked". All this highly censured information is worse than none.
cjc

Clive ....... i was kind of hoping the tester who left yesterday to hunt in Hawaii would post a water hunt. Now i have to ask....... what if he finds a problem? Will it be disregarded ..... and machines shipped out anyway.... like the CTX was? Mis-information can be a great seller of products........ as can almost information apparently.

I also looked at the EQs disc rating...... three stars compared to the ET with 4 and the CTX with 5. Not sure how they determine disc. .... but its ability to NOTCH, recover, set up a pattern.....apparently its not by its ability to pick thru junk with a faster processor. Again, im confused.

dewcon4414 said:
Clive ....... i was kind of hoping the tester who left yesterday to hunt in Hawaii would post a water hunt. Now i have to ask....... what if he finds a problem? Will it be disregarded ..... and machines shipped out anyway.... like the CTX was? Mis-information can be a great seller of products........ as can almost information apparently.

I also looked at the EQs disc rating...... three stars compared to the ET with 4 and the CTX with 5. Not sure how they determine disc. .... but its ability to NOTCH, recover, set up a pattern.....apparently its not by its ability to pick thru junk with a faster processor. Again, im confused.

Your forgetting one thing. Its a mid range machine with some extras from high end types. Its not a CTX or ET. But I think going by info I have that it will work better than we think.

Yeah, Dewcon, I'm pretty sure that "three stars" simply is a marketing thing, where they are "sliding that machine" in there, into a slot in their lineup. In other words -- it doesn't have "target trace," it only has one number (CO) versus two, and thus, it's "not as good of a discriminator," from a marketing perspective. But, you and I know that that may or may not be the complete story, "in the field." Because, for instance, if machine "A" is gives more accurate/stable ID numbers, and it's tones/audio "communicate" better target info to our ears than machine "B" which has more "bells and whistles," so to speak, which machine is ACTUALLY the "better discriminator?"

With that said, though, I will admit that I do have a hard time in my mind trying to figure out how we aren't "losing something," without the FE information available. I'm open for the machine to "surprise me" in that regard, and "show me" why I don't need both numbers, or the 2-D screen that goes with it, but I am admittedly skeptical. (Skeptical of the idea that we won't miss having 2-D information, NOT skeptical about the machine overall; I really think the Equinox is going to thrill the optimists, and surprise the skeptics)...

Steve