Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This mornings park loot

Listener

Looks like a couple of junk rings, about four bucks in clad and what I thought was a concealed weapon until I opened it and found this real nice finger flute. I haven’t counted the money yet but there’s close to two bucks in dimes.
Don’t know how to get the flute back too the owner. Local classifieds don’t have a lost and found anymore.

Attachments

• DF0A7EC8-5805-472A-A5A9-DD1A7DF821AC.jpeg
    DF0A7EC8-5805-472A-A5A9-DD1A7DF821AC.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 94
  • E9BDC3F5-B814-45ED-8CBB-8D5B69B16445.jpeg
    E9BDC3F5-B814-45ED-8CBB-8D5B69B16445.jpeg
    1.9 MB · Views: 96
Further to the post, I found out the flute is called Ocarina it had the initials stamped into it meaning it is an Alto C. Also found out the park had a lost and found in the Aviairy building. So I took it there and put a poster on the light pole near the Drum circle in the park. I’m sure it will find its way home. I didn’t want to leave my phone number in a public park.

Attachments

• 58BC02EF-7F0C-4BFB-B546-8B3D37B64427.jpeg
    58BC02EF-7F0C-4BFB-B546-8B3D37B64427.jpeg
    923.3 KB · Views: 40
  • B42842C0-84D8-4549-8335-437A9883C821.jpeg
    B42842C0-84D8-4549-8335-437A9883C821.jpeg
    773.3 KB · Views: 44
Good call. They might recover it . Nice finds

Thanks for posting… now if I ever find one, I’ll know what the heck it is!
I’ve seen or even heard of one.
Nice count of clad you got there too!!

When I found it I had never seen one either so the only description I could come up with is it uses finger so It must be a finger flute. Later I thought Duh you have to finger all flutes.🤣
I tried to describe it to a friend after trying Google and viewing types of flutes. He suggested searching under Tonette and he is a retired school teacher. None were close. In desperation I sent the pictures to my son late at night not expecting an answer right away, But he did and said it was an Ocarina. I couldn’t stand that he responded so promptly, although he played an alto sax in school and thought he just might have been exposed at some time to one. So asked how he knew?
He responded he looked up triangle shaped flute and there it was. A form of a shell type of flute. Strange how what we find expands our knowledge just out of curiousity.

I was at the park last night and saw a few of the drummers practicing so went over and asked if anyone lost an Ocarina. Just so happens the owner was there and I showed him the poster I had left. He was glad it was turned in and will pick it up from tha Aviary today.😊