Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

This week just keeps getting better! Another First :wiggle:

NebTrac

Met up with Firewxman for an afternoon hunt. Tried a spot I've only been to once before. This is a Goes4ever type spot....a cornfield. I called the owner a couple of days ago and we were set. Ran in TTF and dug "every" repeatable high tone. The shotgun headstamps are the "pull tabs" for spots like this. I think I dug around 15 or so.

A lot of swinging and not much to show....EXCEPT the ONLY coin found there today.[attachment 227975 003.JPG]

My first Seated Quarter. :surprised: 1877s. Wow, two "firsts" in one week. My wife can barely understand my excitement over my "LOVELY WALKING LADY"....now she thinks I've totally went berzerk. About 5" inches down. I didn't scratch her with the digger, just removing her from the clod and the fact the ground is tilled every year did that (yes Tony, we got it on film). Believe me when I tell you, seated is hard to come by in central Nebraska.

The only other good find at that spot was the F.O.E. pin, which I believe is gold. I only washed the dirt off, and there hasn't been a town there for 70 or 80 years if not more. The pin came in at 06-06 which also has me believing its gold.

We then went to our "other" spot, about a mile away and I managed two more coins. The '17s Merc, and the '21 Buffalo. This is probably one of the best Buff's I've ever dug.[attachment 227973 016.JPG]

Terry Presidential FOB picture reminded me of a find I found before freeze up last year and I never took a picture of it. But Terry, here's the next president in line after Teddy. So the E-Tracs can hone in on the Presidential watch FOB's too.[attachment 227974 013.JPG]

The little "Sheron" piece was one I found a couple of weeks ago and is Sterling. Its about the width of a postage stamp and about 1/3 as high. It was 6" down and rang in real good. Cool little piece of jewelry.[attachment 227972 007.JPG]

Thanks for looking Guys :goodnight:

NebTrac

What NebTrac neglected to tell you all is that I got SKUNKED! Great finds NebTrac!

firewxman said:
What NebTrac neglected to tell you all is that I got SKUNKED! Great finds NebTrac!

You didn't get skunked....you got another Three Merry Widows Lid. You the king of them things!!!

NebTrac

Wonderful Finds:clapping:

Very Very Exciting

Not many of us have dug a Seated Quarter or Walking Liberty Let Alone In One Week:hot:

Awesome hunt Neb, congrats onthe seated! I also dug a silver charm like you founf, looks exact same, they were from around WWII mine says Jean

OK, now I'm jealous. The seated quarter has been my main goal for the past 3 years. Can't set a new one until I find one.

But, I'm happy for you!! Like I said with your Walker.... couldn't have happened to a nicer guy!

Congrats :clapping:

Those are 2 awesome firsts in a week!!!! WOW great finds Neb, that buffalo is in nice shape too! I was doing the happy dance for you but my wife told me to stop it.:clapping:

Congrats

Randy

Wow wow wow, you are a "lady killer" my good man! Nice seated quarter and the detail on that Buff is superb! :thumbup: Way to go looking forward to the video too. Glad to see your back out on the hunt.

Holy Smokes! You are sick man! Im just dreaming some day I find a seated in Nebraska and now you have 2. So awesome!! Congrats!
Helgriffan

Nice finds!! I am still waiting for a seated of any kind. That Buffalo sure is pretty. Our clay soil tears them up too much.

I finally broke into the Barber quarter club and the Buffalo nickel club in the same yard a couple of weeks ago.

I hope you keep finding good things in the corn field.

HH

congratulations NEB, glad to see youre able to get out and do come digging too.

Congrats on the Seated Lady, NebTrac. I can relate to your comment about seated being "tough to come by" here in the midwest. I still get a special thrill when I pull out a seated coin. Some of my best luck has come from old homesteads and farm sites, which I've been hunting for the past forty years. It never ceases to amaze me how nice of condition that some of the coins are in, considering the number of times they've been rolled over by farm implements! Keep doing your research and hunting those "obscure" locations and I'd guarantee that you'll be surprised at what has been lost over the years. Nice recovery!!! HH Randy

NebTrac said:
My wife can barely understand my excitement over my "LOVELY WALKING LADY"....now she thinks I've totally went berzerk. About 5" inches down. I didn't scratch her with the digger, just removing her from the clod and the fact the ground is tilled every year did that (yes Tony, we got it on film).

NebTrac

Well Neb you have to do what Terry and I did, start the wife out slow, take her to a place where a good find can be made and then when she makes a good find...and skunks you....she will be hooked! And you will have a hunting partner all the time.

The only problem with this scenario....the skunking part because they don't know they are supposed to do it only once....but it goes on and on and....well you get the picture!

Your da man ... very nice finds ! :clapping: