Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Thoughts on Andy Sabisch Class for Etrac

coin-star

I know the Etrac is getting older, but do you think it would still be worth taking a an Andy Sabisch class for the Etrac? I think this a a powerful detector and I see myself using it for at least a few years next to my Equinox 600. I have been using the Etrac less than a year, so I know there is still plenty to learn.

Just wanted to see what you guys think. The class costs $125, which is about as much as a used coil for the Etrac. Would I be better off getting a used Etrac coil or taking the class?

CS

I took the class two years ago and was glad I did. Most of the people in the class had CTX-3030's but Andy tailors the class for the E-TRAC as well. I picked up the Detech 8x6 coil at the class and keep it on unless I'm at a beach. Andy will program your detector with his recommended pattern and I have done well with it. Highly recommend the class!

Thanks. Aside from his pattern, which is available in several places online, does he go over technique? Maybe how to better differentiate targets on FBS, or specific detector behaviors that might help determine targets?

I recently got the 8x6 SEF also. I haven't used it yet as weather has been too snowy, wet, or cold.

Thanks,

CS

Great class worth every cent. And the 6X8 inch coil is also great hunting in trash.

took the Portage Indiana class summer of 2017, was well worth it. (eTrac owner here). sd51 was correct, out of the 30 people or so in class 20 plus had 3030s, but Andy covered the eTrac as much if not more, I took lotsa notes that I pull out and look at time to time to refresh myself on some of the hints and tips I picked up that day! I also use a SEF 6x8 coil which I like, but found myself using/liking the 5x9 Coiltek treasure seeker coil (formerly called the Joey I believe) in high trash areas, other then that the 13" Detech Ultimate is the coil that stays on the machine during normal hunting.

Agree with everyone else has said. You won't be disappointed. It's not often you get to listen to one of the best.

TAKE THE CLASS!!! You won't be disappointed. I drove 8 hours to get to one of his classes- Learned more at the class than I did reading his book 3 times.

I wouldn't go to one of the classes even if it was next door unless it was free but I am a person that learns from my own experience cause it seems to stick with me longer through trial and error.. I am grateful for this forum and YouTube though .. I am on my 4th year with the etrac and I am a believer in its ability but real trashy areas are still a challenge when it wants to null so I'm beginning to think there are some places that just can't be hunted ..
Just my two cents ..

I am a self learner also. I have tried a lot of detectors and also have an equinox 600. In the end they are all tools with strengths and weaknesses for different situations. I am not having any problems learning the Etrac, but cheating the learning curve might be worth the price. Getting to hear ideas from people in person will be nice also.

Luckily I AM nearly next door to a class.

CS

1hotwire, I was in the same boat as you, as far believing that some places just can't be hunted, and I am sure that there are. However Andy Sabisch will teach you how to hunt just such areas. In fact, after taking his class, I went back to an area that I thought was impossible to hunt and found numerous wheat pennies a buffalo nickel and a token for the 1939 worlds fair. Keep in mind this place was full of nails and other iron targets and I had tried to detect this area using the knowledge that I learned from U-tube and reading this forum. Trust me its worth it. just me two cents. Happy hunting all

Agree with oldmoney! After taking the class, I look forward to finding trashy areas. If they are loaded with pulltabs I say THANK-YOU! That means that everyone else that has detected there has left a ton of goodies because they are only after the easy targets. Pulled two gold rings, three silver rings, a sterling bracelet and two mercs from a site loaded with old pulltabs last year. I'm not afraid to dig and remove the tabs because they are hiding the real treasure. The class taught me the techniques to make this happen.

Old money , sd51 .. if taking the class will bring those sites to life then by all means it would be worth the 125 fee .. and I would most certainly be impressed cause I have permission at a 1800's home site that burnt down and I can't hunt it with any kind of pattern in conduct without nulling on every swing so I run an open screen and that can be daunting and ttf is also tough .. needless to say I haven't dug any good targets but I haven't gave up ..
coin-star , maybe you should take the class instead of getting a new coil since it is nearly next door and you will be finding targets that I left behind..

I am very excited to take the class especially if he can teach me how to get the most out of the detector in very trashy sites.

I plan on signing up within the next couple weeks.

CS

coin-star said:
I know the Etrac is getting older, but do you think it would still be worth taking a an Andy Sabisch class for the Etrac? I think this a a powerful detector and I see myself using it for at least a few years next to my Equinox 600. I have been using the Etrac less than a year, so I know there is still plenty to learn.

Just wanted to see what you guys think. The class costs $125, which is about as much as a used coil for the Etrac. Would I be better off getting a used Etrac coil or taking the class?

CS
************************************​

[size=large]This interesting thread about you guys wanting to learn more about your E-trac, prompts me to ask a significant question.

What is it, that you principally hope to learn?

How about loading, (1) a copy of your present search-screen pattern;

and (2) your audio setting to work with that pattern.

(3) What aspect of using the E-Trac, do you think you need better explanation of?.......matt[/size]

p.s. It will help Andy, if you attend his classes, to know what your area of interest is, regarding the E-Trac

For me it’s not about the technical aspects, it’s about the nuances and the shortcuts. What I’d like is for Andy to show me the tricks that he has learned and to save me moths or years of trial and error to finally have that “AHA” moment. That my hope, at least.

I can watch YouTube and pick up settings and patterns, but I have yet to hear someone accurately tell me what the “Silver Warble” is in a way that makes me recognife it. I think I understand what a nice round “sound” is, but again it’s not something I have seen accurately discerned in any videos. I think I can size an object ok, but maybe I am wrong or maybe there is a better method.

If I can learn nuances and get the benefit of someone else’s experience, it will be WELL worth $125.

CS

You will not regret the 6X8 Detect coil. Its a killer. Mine seldom comes off the ETAC

1hotwire, I agree that when I've hunted older homesites, they are loaded with iron. It dawned on me that the owners usually had a dump site somewhere behind the back yard and unfortunately it seems like sometimes they must have just walked outside and thrown the trash in the back yard. Recently, five of us did a homesite from the id-1800s. Three guys worked the back and I did the front yard with another guy.

The guys in the back found zero coins! I found Wheaties and two mercs in the front. The other guy in the front found a buffalo nickel. From now on, I will start in the front yard.

How much dos the class cost N how do i sine up, Thanks all,
Mickfin

I WISH Andy would consider coming out West . Like Me I’m sure many others would sign up in a Heart Beat . Come On Andy Make the Trip :poke: