Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Three silver, two seated day....

Chris(SoCenWI)

Hello All,

Yesterday I did a little driving around, looking for construction sites in neighboring towns. Saw some sidewalk work in a local park, didn't get out of the car to survey the site.

Today I went back to check it out. As usual I was too late for the best hunting, sidewalks and other features had been poured. There was quite a bit of bare soil, not sure if it had been dug out or what, but after a few minutes of detecting I got a shallow dime signal. Dug down an inch or two and saw a silver disc. I was surprised to see a 1888 seated dime. First seated for the year. Kept detecting all the bare areas, very few finds except for rotted out zincolns. Later I got another shallow silver hit and once again surprised to see a bigger disc; this time a 1858 quarter.

Kind of piqued my interest and detected all bare dirt with very few signals. I thought I would leave with only finding seated coins, don't think I've ever done that before. But towards the end the merc showed up. I could have tossed it to save the Seated only day, but seeing I can't see as well in my advanced years I decided to put in the pouch in case it was a good date. Turned out to be a 1919 in nice shape. Only other keeper coin was a 1957 wheatie.

[attachment 370108 2019_10_20.JPG]

Hopefully get in a bunch more detecting before freeze up.

I was swinging my XS

Chris(SoCenWI)

Nice!!! Two seated in one tearout is quite an accomplishment!

Great finds !!!I’ve only dug one seated dime but about 5 quarters in my 3 years of detecting..
Nice job.
Mark

Nice finds Chris You're right about those construction sites! Sometimes, you'll only find a few coins, but they are usually oldies..

Congrats on your 2 seated day.

A seated coin of any kind is still on my bucket list.

Ron in WV

Two seated coins in one day! Fantastic!!!! This year we've been searching high and low for our first seated coin and still no luck but the year isn't over yet and we've got our eye on some old woods that could produce some old coins.
Nice day with those three silver coins.

Jeff,

Yes, like a box of chocolates, never know what you will find.... But there are sites where they took off the perfect amount of dirt and you know it will be good.

Chris

Congrats on a great hunt !

Congratulations!! Beautiful coins!!

Chris(SoCenWI) said:
Mark,

That's strange. Generally dimes are much more plentiful than quarters.
Oh believe me I know I found 1 really nice 1884 dime that's it!

Congratulations on some great finds!