Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Time to trade?

TerryR

I set here all winter thinking I need a new machine. Had the old ETrac since 2007 and it's been great and I love it but just got the I want something new blues. Had even thought about leaving Minelab for the new latest greatest but it's a hard decision. Took a short 3 hour hunt today in another worked out park and it still managed to pull out three silver dimes and some clad. Decided can't leave Minelab as this old gal has done me well and still finds the goodies so maybe just need to add a CTX and call it a day. I love spring fever when I get new toys

A lot of mixed feelings after guys switch to the CTX. Not in a positive way like "man, what a big improvement" . I see a lot of returning back to what has been producing results with the E-Trac. I will wait until some new tec. machine that is far advanced to both before I make a switch. Best of luck in what you do !

TerryR said:
I set here all winter thinking I need a new machine. Had the old ETrac since 2007 and it's been great and I love it but just got the I want something new blues. Had even thought about leaving Minelab for the new latest greatest but it's a hard decision. Took a short 3 hour hunt today in another worked out park and it still managed to pull out three silver dimes and some clad. Decided can't leave Minelab as this old gal has done me well and still finds the goodies so maybe just need to add a CTX and call it a day. I love spring fever when I get new toys

I hear what you're saying Terry. I'm getting bored with my eTRAC even though it served me well over the years. I need a new machine to learn, another challenge so to speak but i'm not looking at anything Minelab especially not the over price'd CTX. Getting weary of Minelab's pricey accessories and according to some, astronomical repair bills. My eTRAC is approaching middle age so who knows when it'll stop ticking.
Gonna make my decision in a couple weeks or so. I might even just pick up a NEL coil for my ATPro, save some bucks and see if it'll detect better.

Now if Minelab updates the eTRAC to a newly designed eTRAC-II or comes out with a CTX-lite maybe just maybe but i won't hold my breath knowing Minelab.

It's kind of scary to spend that much money anymore but I've always spent plenty on detectors and not been sorry so far. Not so much the money as I want something that works for me and to many times all the hype dies down and the machine turns out not to be so great after all. Wish there was a dealer closer so I could try one out . Maybe have to take a couple day trip and go see a dealer just to be sure I make the right move.

TerryR said:
It's kind of scary to spend that much money anymore but I've always spent plenty on detectors and not been sorry so far. Not so much the money as I want something that works for me and to many times all the hype dies down and the machine turns out not to be so great after all. Wish there was a dealer closer so I could try one out . Maybe have to take a couple day trip and go see a dealer just to be sure I make the right move.

TerryR , I had the CTX for about 9 months when it came out but soon found that the ET is pretty much as good , the weight of the CTX made it more difficult to do very long searches , the parts are expensive and the menu is a pain to learn , more bulky and even though it has a few features that the ET could do with " Ground balance , 2 target track, and assigning tones to a small area" it was just not enough for me to commit to it. I would never use all the stuff connected to the GPS and paying almost £2k for a machine and then having to buy the extras made it even more of a risk.
Over the years I have had a few ET and usually sell the ET and replace every 2 and half years to avoid the warranty running out . Could not do that with a CTX .

I would hope that Minelab will update the ET but more than likely they will not or if they do it will look like the CTX with hopefully a 3 piece stem and NO GPS stuff .
I never get bored with my ET and if you know your machine and it finds the goods then I think maybe selling the old ET and buying a new one might be the order of the day. I doubt Minelab will bring a new one out till the CTX has paid for itself "R & D"
Another good machine is the Deus which I have but then that's another learning curve !

The Deus has really interested me but I mainly just hunt high trash parks and thought it might not fit my style of hunting anymore

Terry its very light weight , I'm not sure whether it would be better or not on your sites but then I am very hardwired to Minelab too.

I've had my E-Trac for over 6 years and like many of you - I have thousands of hours in the field with it and have made thousands of great finds - it's a fantastic machine !

Just my opinion but ...the closer I looked at the CTX the less I like about it.
But the more I read and more video's I watch on the XP Deus ... the better it looks !
Very light weight, wireless, downloadable upgrades and what looks like the fastest processor made for hunting in heavy iron.
Something to think about.

Good Hunting !

E-TRAC-OHIO said:
I've had my E-Trac for over 6 years and like many of you - I have thousands of hours in the field with it and have made thousands of great finds - it's a fantastic machine !

Just my opinion but ...the closer I looked at the CTX the less I like about it.
But the more I read and more video's I watch on the XP Deus ... the better it looks !
Very light weight, wireless, downloadable upgrades and what looks like the fastest processor made for hunting in heavy iron.
Something to think about.

Good Hunting !

Keep your ET in storage , at 6 years old it will find a low 'ish price when sold , then buy the Deus with the 11in coil and WS4 back phones . Best combination I think at the moment.

Well I ordered a Deus. My wife said to buy them both then decided which I liked the best and sell the other one. She's great but I'm to cheap. It looks like they might have the perfect machine to fit with the ETrac, which I'll own until it rots away. Thanks everyone now let's all find the cool stuff this summer