Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Time try something new!

sasquache

Hello folks had my Safari for some time and well its time to get a newer technology detector so I decided too try a single frequency metal detector but first i want too say i enjoyed the Safari very much and through my years and posts on here i have found many awesome target's and I just needed a change just too see lol so i pre ordered the Nokta/Makro Simplex+ now you all must be saying oh he must of read all the hype on this unit but no i actually tried this unit out and it being a water proof detector and only weights 2.9 pounds and the way it hits on targets i liked it alot so the only way i could of gotten the Simplex was too sell my Safari so i sold my Safari and my last words too the guy that bought the Safari was "i may regret this" so with that said I'm hoping the learning curve doesn't take too long on the Simplex!

Sasquache, I hated to hear about you selling the Safari, but I understand when one wants to try something newer. You always seemed to do well with the Safari, but I wish you all the luck with the Simplex. I look forward to seeing your posts with lots of found treasure with your new Simplex.

Thank you confetrit but I think i will love the Simplex+ just as much.

You may say that but it will hold true too my detecting memories.

Thinking of retiring or handing down my Safari for a nox. I met a fellow detectorist on Old Orchard Beach in Maine this past weekend and she let me swing it . A whole lot lighter and better balanced than the Safari.
I have had tennis elbow in both arms this past year, and it literally takes 6 months or more for it to go away and start feeling better. I noticed when I swing the Safari for long periods of time my arms get a little too sore. We'll see . Maybe good old Santy Claus will put one in an oversized stocking. Just saying.

Sasquache, hows that Nokta working out for you?
I cant express how much more targets are in the ground that my Safari did not pick up on my Simplex is so easy too swing and light weight all my old sights are alive agane and no im not talking the Simplex up but there something about it that i cant explain 😉 all i can say is try one out.

I cant express how much more targets are in the ground that my Safari did not pick up on my Simplex is so easy too swing and light weight all my old sights are alive agane and no im not talking the Simplex up but there something about it that i cant explain 😉 all i can say is try one out.
Glad that you're enjoying the Simplex. I feel the same about the Nox 800- all my old sites are new again....I've not posted pics but there have been an 1852 LC, and 1908O Barber qtr along with some mercs as some of my better finds. Nice that we all learned to hunt slow and low on the Safari which has helped me with the Nox 800...HH

Hello folks had my Safari for some time and well its time to get a newer technology detector so I decided too try a single frequency metal detector but first i want too say i enjoyed the Safari very much and through my years and posts on here i have found many awesome target's and I just needed a change just too see lol so i pre ordered the Nokta/Makro Simplex+ now you all must be saying oh he must of read all the hype on this unit but no i actually tried this unit out and it being a water proof detector and only weights 2.9 pounds and the way it hits on targets i liked it alot so the only way i could of gotten the Simplex was too sell my Safari so i sold my Safari and my last words too the guy that bought the Safari was "i may regret this" so with that said I'm hoping the learning curve doesn't take too long on the Simplex!

I totally get trying something new.. I did well with the safari, but liked the exp II much better.. A lot more info on the screen.. Anyway I just bought and am waiting to try the vanquish 440 out in the field.. Have alittle more waiting time to go.. the weather here in N E Ohio is ready for detecting yet..

Best of luck Mark ( ohio )

Mark, I almost picked up the Explorer 10yrs ago, but being new at the time to FBS, I was not disappointed purchasing a Safari. I am glad that Minelab developed the Equinox, especially with the lighter weight, a backlight, is waterproof , internal battery and better depth than the stock 11' coil IMO ...No regrets at all... GL with the 'Quish 440....

Mark, I almost picked up the Explorer 10yrs ago, but being new at the time to FBS, I was not disappointed purchasing a Safari. I am glad that Minelab developed the Equinox, especially with the lighter weight, a backlight, is waterproof , internal battery and better depth than the stock 11' coil IMO ...No regrets at all... GL with the 'Quish 440....

Thanks Bud... I'm hoping the vanquish is a respectable performer … Looking forward to using it.