Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Tips on coinshooting in Florida

Dig

Hi all! I have been trying to find some decent places in Florida to hunt for silver coins. I'm in West Central Florida and I have a CTX 3030 which I use on the beach quite a bit. I have been trying to find places to hunt for silver coins but everyone tells me that there's not much to find because the ground never freezes here. Is that accurate? I have hunted a few parks in my area that date back to the late 1800's but have only managed a few Wheaties in the 1930-1950 range. Some people tell me that those parks are hunted out and have produced big late 1800's date coins for people decades ago. Is it better to try and find a permission that hasn't had anyone on it? It seems tough to find places where you can actually do it. I have found lots of gold and silver on the beach but have never really had a successful dirt hunt. If someone could enlighten me I would really appreciate it. It's just kind of a bucket list thing for me.

How about this? If you live in a fairly large city, dig out the city permits section of their city web site, or county. Then find the demolition/razing permits that have been issued. Copy down the addresses on the demo, look up the property owners name and address in the tax records, almost always online, then go knock on the door for permission. On the tax records site, check the age of the property, most always there will be a build date listed there somewhere. If you cannot find an online permits issued section, email the city or county for that material or how to access it. Second option if no permits available, just take a ride in the city and look for old houses, jot down the addresses, then research the property in the tax records to get access to the owner for permission.

Good info jas415! I have never found any silver in our local parks (well only 1 Rosie) I've found more at old homes/ homesites by asking permission. I have a couple schools I have hunt that had older homes on the perimeter of the grounds where I've found a couple mercs. I use historicaerials.com with the "slide" feature to try to narrow down the exact spot where old structures were located.