Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

TO ALL THE NEY SAYERS,NEW MINELABS COMING SOON!

alot od guys said it was all bull-crap,I guess not the se are 2 new machines coming from minelab a deeper gold machine called the GDX 5000 AND THE OTHER I THINK IS A RELIC/COIN MACHINE?WE WILL HAVE TO WAIT A COUPLE WEEKS TO SEE.SO all that had faith the wait is over!

They are new versions of the current GPX 4500 called the 4800 and 5000. This is what has been posted publically on the new units:

============

GPX 5000 key features

8 Soil/Timings is like having 8 detectors in 1, find more gold in ALL ground conditions
Fine Gold Timing gives even more depth and sensitivity than Enhance

I'm with Silvereagle I don't think Minelab is going to sit on their hindends while First Texas with the best multi-purpose machine of all time in the G-2 and Garrett with their heralded 350 and not respond with something new that will compete with their rivals. The've always led with new products never followed so we will just have to wait and see. HH :minelab:

But developing and releasing multiple unit sin close proximity to one another is something you don't see simply due to the limited supply of engineering resources at the same time.

None of the companies are simply sitting there with inventory aging. What they work on is dictated by a longer range plan and what is currently selling. If a detector is selling faster than you can produce it, why develop a replacement until the sales start to taper off or your engineering resources are freed up from other projects.

Not saying exactly where Minelab is right now, but one can look at the past year or so:

- The E-Trac was introduced and is selling gang-busters (why bring out a replacement now?)

- The move from Ireland to Malaysia for production has not been as smooth as all would have desired (not the best time to bring out a new model)

- They are released two new gold units at the end of this month (resources have been focused on this)

- The US organization has been trying to work through the reorganization and move which has resulted in service delays, restructuring their dealer base and inventory issues (is this a good time to bring out a new model other than the two GPX models in development for more than a year?)

Look at the past in terms of Minelab and others . . . .. new models are spaced out and in the case of the Explorer line were about 4 years apart . . . which means we probably have a year or so to wait.

But as they say, "Anything is possible" so I guess we will all have to wait to see what is unveiled and if any word on the near term future comes out of the upcoming dealer seminar in L:as Vegas . . .

I think its your lot in the metal detecting world to make sense Andy

I was pretty disappointed to hear that these two machines are the ones coming out, Seems a little to me like they are trying to create a repeat of the rush they had with the 4500. I have been an electronic gold prospector for allot more years than I have been looking for coins, I sold my Extreme before the GPX rush in anticipation of buying a new SD 2200 but then they decided to stop making them for the time being. So when I heard ( Early this year ) that Minelab was going to release some new gold detectors I was excited to think that they may be more geared toward the moderate priced range. I was really hoping for a version like the 3500 in the 2000.00 range, but alas 2 more detectors costing around 5000.00. They are worth every penny but not all of us have 5 grand laying around for a part time venture. There are those of us who are loyal to only one brand so I think its sad that I cant buy a moderately priced PI machine from Minelab at this time. Oh well maybe next year.