Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

to use wirelees or not?

I was using the wireless module with the koss ur 30 supplied headphones and noticed a short in the sound coming into the headphones.I detached the plug and will take a while to repair, but in the meantime have hunted the past 2 hunts using a cheap set of stereo phones directly to the ctx.I went to one of my favorite and most giving spots and in a 4 foot area dug 2-dimes at 9" a silver ring at 7" and a wheat penny at 6".Now I have hammered this area with my etrac and found 2 additional silver coins with the ctx using wireless headphones but I am beginning to wonder about the wireless versus straight plug in.When I say I have hammered this site I mean at least 50 hunts the past 2 years producing about 89 silver coins.Anyone else have any issues using wireless?Thanks ahead of time charlie

I don't think the wireless module makes any difference in depth, at least when I used mine. I just don't use the module anymore because I still have the headphone wire to contend with, it might as well be plugged into the detector as the module for the kind of hunting that I do.

There is the possibility that your module has been defective all along and limited your ability to hear deeper targets. :shrug:

I think the use of the wireless module is more of a personal selection. For land hunting I have not used headphones plugged directly into the CTX yet, and I have used the CTX since its release last year. I prefer to not be tethered to the machine. I have recovered coins in the 9-12" range when using the wireless module. However I have never used the Koss phones that came with the CTX, I use SunRay ProGolds. The sound quality of headphones may have more to do with possibly "missing" a good target, than using the wireless module. JMHO

I have the wireless module wire tied to my headphones after i got use to it i would not change back, i just wish minelab would come out with good wireless headphones

I agree in what you say larry about not thinking being connected to the wireless module has any difference in the depth I am recovering my finds at but I do feel that I hear them stronger wired direct and was wondering if anyone else felt that way.I will have to purchase another set of headphones so if anyone has a good set of used send me a pm please.

I see no difference using the wireless other that is AWESOME to not be tied to the machine. I would experiment more but I think you just got lucky. But hey, if it works for you....

My Koss headphones had a short at the plug, as have many others. Could this be your problem? I'm running Sun Rays.

That's exactly what happened sir digs kos had short at plug and switched over to wired direct and whalah

Well, the short in my headphones affected the headphones no matter where you plugged them in. Minelab replaced them without an issue. I went with the Sun Ray Golds & now have a brand new set of Koss for my backups.

You need to isolate the problem and get it solved. Downtime is no fun, so get the problem fixed.
Good luck

I also find no difference and don't see any reason why there would be any difference in depth when wired directly. I will say it is really nice not being tethered to the machine by a wire and wish all machines were wireless.

Dave

????I must not be coming across correct with my question.I am not asking wheather or not you dig deeper targets without the wireless module.I have dug my share of finds 10 inches and more while using wireless but after converting over to wired directly to the ctx Its like I have a new hunting spot.When I say I have hammered this area I really mean it.I just think the sound of being plugged directly into the ctx is much different than wireless and was wondering if anyone else has experimented with this?

I don't think there is any difference in the depth penetration regardless of the use of wireless or direct plug in headphone. I will say that the wire is a pain in the rear end when plugged right into the machine. I love the wireless.

The only difference I have noticed is that I can decrease the threshold from 21(wireless) to 18 (plugged directly to CTX). Other than that, no difference.

for those of you who hunt with pro golds headphones and use wireless, do you notice a stronger sound from directly wired to the unit?