Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

Today I witnessed a MAGIC show

Elmy, curious what your thoughts are for someone getting back into the Etrac i.e. pointers to jump start the season.
Get used to your etrac....run the factory installed coins mode and take it to the park for some easy coins....listen to the different sounds of a nickel vrs a dime/quarter.
Hands on is your first instructor and minelabs coins is your best teacher for your first few hunts.

Thanks and kind of figured that, going to setup some test areas to start getting used to the device as I never really did before. I had thought originally it was too complicate as it was constantly chattering like it was possessed by the EMI demon. I had to turn it down to like 5 sensitivity to get it at least quiet enough to use. Thinking it was me I was frustrated and tabled the device. I did purchase an Equinox last year and have used that frequently but really did not want to give up on the Etrac as it was expensive and just sitting there. Reading posts on various boards and asking questions it appears the coil might have been the issue. It's way out of warranty so was looking around for anyone local to test a different coil. I got no bites so asked around what would be a good coil to use and after several suggestions I picked up a Nel Thunder at a good price on Ebay. got it yesterday. I connected the coil last night and in my basement I was able to get to 22 and no chatter where as on the factory coil it would have been going nuts. The Nel is a bit heavy so will be looking for a factory replacement coil after some more tests.

Thanks and kind of figured that, going to setup some test areas to start getting used to the device as I never really did before. I had thought originally it was too complicate as it was constantly chattering like it was possessed by the EMI demon. I had to turn it down to like 5 sensitivity to get it at least quiet enough to use. Thinking it was me I was frustrated and tabled the device. I did purchase an Equinox last year and have used that frequently but really did not want to give up on the Etrac as it was expensive and just sitting there. Reading posts on various boards and asking questions it appears the coil might have been the issue. It's way out of warranty so was looking around for anyone local to test a different coil. I got no bites so asked around what would be a good coil to use and after several suggestions I picked up a Nel Thunder at a good price on Ebay. got it yesterday. I connected the coil last night and in my basement I was able to get to 22 and no chatter where as on the factory coil it would have been going nuts. The Nel is a bit heavy so will be looking for a factory replacement coil after some more tests.
When you start pulling coins and getting the pinpoint down get back to me and we will see if I can help you any.
Run the minelab coins program just the way it is , don't worry about sensitivity and depth....let the etrac do all the work.

I would need an email to send the magic program to.

Elmy, I finally got my Etrac sorted and your 1-10 coin program with magic is absolutely awesome. Even in trash infested ground going slow I dug coins next to alum and iron. Trash wise was almost mill. Picked a 1957 silver quarter which was super nice. Thanks for all you contribute to the forum and the hobby.

Elmy, I finally got my Etrac sorted and your 1-10 coin program with magic is absolutely awesome. Even in trash infested ground going slow I dug coins next to alum and iron. Trash wise was almost mill. Picked a 1957 silver quarter which was super nice. Thanks for all you contribute to the forum and the hobby.
This will save you hours of digging time and get the silver coins too as you learn the etrac.
Thanks for the post and trying the magic.
E L M Y

Here is a post , if you haven't already seen it , with settings I use.

Those are the exact settings I used and am just so excited, using the tight wiggle over the target while pressing the Quick Mask is the bomb. Took a few trys to get it right and now its my secret weapon.

Those are the exact settings I used and am just so excited, using the tight wiggle over the target while pressing the Quick Mask is the bomb. Took a few trys to get it right and now its my secret weapon.
Anybody else with an etrac witness a magic show ???? geneg did exactly as I mentioned over the target and now has a secret weapon...In old mans mode, he has a target id that is very accurate using this tight wiggle and QM method........ANYONE ELSE ?

@g-- Good job!

Go slow and trust your machine. yesterday I nabbed a lonely Merc from a hard-hit city park, between an old key and a nail.

When you get some hours under your belt-- lots of hours, you might consider expanding the Fe line on Elmy's magic program. Every now and then, a coin pops up in the low 20's.

Went out with ELMY for a short hunt at a picked apart church camp. Everybody with a detector comes here. We tried his new Magic program, We went 10 good targets and only 2 aluminum targets. Ten good out of 12 is pretty impressive. I dug a good sounding target and found 2 rusted nails. Covered up the hole and rechecked and still got a signal. Dug it back up and found 2 more nails and a good coin. It is maybe the ultimate E -Trac MAGIC pattern
Can you explain the setup pattern y'all used please? Thank you.