Find's Treasure Forums

Welcome to Find's Treasure Forums, Guests!

You are viewing this forums as a guest which limits you to read only status.

Only registered members may post stories, questions, classifieds, reply to other posts, contact other members using built in messaging and use many other features found on these forums.

Why not register and join us today? It's free! (We don't share your email addresses with anyone.) We keep email addresses of our users to protect them and others from bad people posting things they shouldn't.

Click here to register!

Need Support Help?

Cannot log in?, click here to have new password emailed to you

Changed email? Forgot to update your account with new email address? Need assistance with something else?, click here to go to Find's Support Form and fill out the form.

today's awesome hunt

goldseeker4000

Yesterday's hunt in a single front yard consisted of a 1917 merc, a 1897 barber dime, which is my first ever barber since I began detecting way back in 1980. Also found a 1925 D Indian head nickel, a 1891 V nickel and a 1926 5 Centavos. All coins except one had a nail in each of their holes. On each one the nail was found first and coins were still to come out of the holes. Not a bad day of detecting.

I use a X-terra 705 and was using a program mode with all rid notches blocked out except for 38-48. I was cherry picking. If I got a questionable target, I went to all metal, that's when I got both nickels. I love how this detector doesn't miss coins next to nails. I have found around 13 coins in the last 4weeks next to nails.

The Buf and the V-nickel are in great shape which is rare! Did you clean them a certain way? Mine never look like that.Great day!

I put dawn dish soap and hot water with a toothbrush. Cleans it well enough without damaging the patina. The barber turned out great. Not heavily worn like most I have seen. Some times I use electrolysis.

Nice coins. I've never found a Mexican 5c. Interesting that you didn't find any wheats or Indians.

Congrats on some very nice finds!

Killer finds ! :clapping: